Paige turned 16 months last week. I can sum up Paige in one word...BUSY! Paige is constantly on the move. Constantly running, constantly climbing, and constantly getting into anything and everything she shouldn't be. Life with Paige is nothing short of exhausting but so much fun!
She is still our happy, sweet girl and we love her so!
So what's new:
- Paige can climb the stairs from the bottom to the top all by herself and likes to give us a heart attack sometimes when she does it when we are not watching. Thank goodness for the stair barrier we just put up.
- Paige is saying all kinds of new words. She can even put two words together.
- Paige officially outgrew the sink and is taking baths in a blow up duck bath in the actual bath tub. Paige is still not a fan of the bath tub for some reason.
- Paiges loves to be outside and especially loves to run down the sidewalk unassisted.
- Paige started mom's morning out. So far, it has not gone well. She has terrible separation anxiety so I'm not sure how long that is going to last.
- Paige is down to one afternoon nap. It was a little rough at first, but she is now down to one nap a day. She can usually make it to 1:00, and then she is out for a few hours.
Paige is still a great sleeper. I was just thinking back to last year at this time. I was exhausted all the time. By the time I could rest it would be time to pick up Ella from school, and the day would start all over. Paige woke up every single night for about the first 10 months of her life. I didn't think I would see a full nights sleep again, but thankfully once she started sleeping all night she never looked back. It nice to feel "normal" again. Paige goes to bed at 6:30/7ish and sleeps until around 7:15/7:30. Like I said above, she is down to one good nap a day from 1:00-4:00 usually. She is a great sleeper, and I hope she stays that way. I do love my sleep!
Paige is a great eater. She loves just about anything I put in front of her. When she is hungry she says "num num". She loves snacks and gets here fair share throughout the day. If I leave our pantry open on accident she always helps herself to whatever she can find. It's so nice to have a child that isn't picky. She is the total opposite of her sister.
Paige loves to be outside. She loves going for walks (long or short). She loves running around in the driveway/sidewalk. She also loves to swing. She loves to do what Ella is doing. They both really enjoying putting babies on the fan and watching them fly off when the fan is on. She loves to slide and has learned to climb up and go down all by herself. She has gotten pretty good at stacking rings. She loves books and is able to name some of the things in her first word book. She loves baby dolls and pushing them around in her stroller.
Things I want to remember about Paige at 16 months:
Paige is so sweet and loving. I didn't think she could be as attached to me as Ella was, but she is! She constantly says "mama". Sometimes when I pick her up she will pat me on the back and look at me and say "mama". She is such a mama's girl.
Paige loves Ella. She knows when she wakes up from her nap Ella is home from school. She starts saying her name as soon as she wakes up. Paige loves to watch Ella and learns quite a few things just from watching her. Ella is still super quiet around her but is definitely ok with Paige being around. Ella is my second set of eyes and lets me know when Paige is doing things that could hurt her. We call Ella "safety patrol jr.", because she is always on the look out. We know she loves her sister but just hasn't quite figured out what to say to her yet.
When my parents come over Paige starts saying "go go go" (once she is done saying "mamma") when she sees my dad. My dad likes watching horse racing when he is at our house and apparently Paige does as well.
I always take Ella to school while Adam stays at home with Paige. After I drop Ella off and pull in our subdivision I can see Paige running around the driveway waiting for me. She always gets so excited and smiles so big when she sees me.