Christmas Eve finally came and we were so excited. Everyone loves going to Mammy and Peeps house for Christmas Eve.
I always take a few pictures on Christmas Eve morning, because we are always exhausted on Christmas day.
Elliott loves pictures. He climbed up in Ella's lap and sat right down like he knew what to do.
This is a good representation of our family. Paige and I are the crazy ones, and Adam and Ella are the quiet crazies. Lol! It's usually pure chaos all the time.
It was a very merry Christmas at my parent's house for Christmas. I would love to know how many Christmas's have been celebrated in this living room. This was my 38th, but my mom grew up in this house too. There are a ton of memories in this room.
Once we got home it started snowing again. This is the "whitest" Christmas we have seen in awhile.
The real fun began around 9:00pm. If you are a parent, you know what I'm talking about. The assembling, stocking filling, and last minute gift wrapping. By the time 10:30 rolled around Adam and I were ready to kill each other. There was no talking, just trying to get done so we could go to bed.
Everything was ready to go before bedtime though! Somehow we always pull it off.
Paige woke up around 3:30am wondering if Santa had come yet. Luckily she was able to get back to sleep. Just like every Christmas, Ella woke me up at 5am ready to go. This is why Christmas is so exhausting, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Ella and I always watch "A Christmas Story" and wait for Adam and Paige to wake up.
We woke Paige up around 7, and she was raring to go. She ran out of her room to see what Santa had left for her. She was thrilled to see he brought her a gymnastics bar and mat.
The boys had a plate of sausage gravy for Christmas, and they declared it the best Christmas ever!
We couldn't do our usual get together with Adam's side of the family so they brought over gifts with masks on. How weird does that sound? I still can't get over it some days.
Although it wasn't our typical Christmas, it was still a great one. My parents came over for lunch. I made lasagna, bread, and salad. We watched Paige put on a gymnastics performance all afternoon and tried to play hide and seek but Paige kept crying. Lol! Once nighttime rolled around we were all exhausted. I have never been so happy to go to bed. I'm so thankful we had such a great Christmas!


















No comments:
Post a Comment