Sunday, April 29, 2012

Nashville Rock n' Roll half marathon

Yesterday I ran my second half marathon. Sarah and I have been training since January for this. Nothing could have prepared me for the course. It was the hilliest 13.1 miles I have ever ran.  I wanted to beat my time from my first half, but it just didn't happen. My official time was 2:23:03. 

Adam stayed home with Ella so I could go do this. He did a great job with her. I came home to a happy child and a clean house. I wasn't  expecting the house to be clean. It was wonderful.  Thanks Adam for supporting me!! 


Around 35,000 runners were there! It was pure madness. 


The Starting line! I was so nervous. 



I was so happy and relieved when it was over!! I am just glad I finished. I saw tons of people laying on the side of the road and on gurney's towards the end. Around mile 8 I noticed my ankle was bleeding, because my shoe was rubbing against my ankle. It was not an easy run! To top it off I was car sick almost the whole way home. That has happened both times. I don't think my body likes these long runs. :( 


The best part is receiving your medal at the end!! 



4 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing! I have heard that the Nashville course is not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was awful. I do not recommend it to anyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You are my hero! Seriously. There is no way I could run a half marathon. I cannot even run 5 miles. Ha! What an awesome accomplishment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! You should try it. You just start slow and work your way up. It's an awesome feeling when you finish!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...