Tuesday, October 25, 2011

34 months

Maybe some day I will stop these monthly updates, but it's not looking like it will be anytime soon. I know she is getting older and changing less by the month, but I just like to go back and look at the pictures to see how she has changed month to month. I can not believe Ella will be three in two months. I am already planning her third birthday party, which she is so excited about. She decided on her own cake this year. I had a certain kind of cake in mind, but if you ask her she will tell you she wants a "Thomas cake." She also wants a "Thomas balloon."  It will be a Thomas the Train birthday party this year. 

The biggest change I have seen with Ella lately is her naps or lack there of! I could always count on her to take a nap but anymore it's hit or miss.  She is pretty good about staying in her bed and playing during nap time. I am glad she at least does that. I am not looking forward to the day naps are over. 

Ella is talking up a storm and says the funniest things! One of my favorites is when she says "OH MY GOODNESS." She says it so excitedly. The other day she took a drink and spilled water on herself. When she went to take the next drink she said, "I try again." She gets really excited in the car. If she sees something like a balloon or a big building she screams, "look at that mom." It makes me laugh every time. She gets so excited about the littlest things. We were playing hide and go seek the other day. She opened up the refrigerator when she was looking for me and said, "Nope, not in there." 

Ella has started calling us "mom and dad" instead of "mommy and daddy." 

Ella is so independent. It drives me crazy some days, because she wants to do everything herself. There are some things she just can not do, and she thinks she can. Even though she is very independent she is still attached to my hip. It takes her awhile to warm up to other people, but after awhile she is fine. It makes me look forward to dropping her off at preschool for the first time. NOT!
Ella I hope you know you are loved beyond words. You are the sweetest little two year old there is. Our life revolves around you, and we wouldn't want it any other way! 

2 comments:

  1. What a cute post & what an adorable little girl you have! It is hard to believe Ella & my little girl, Ashby will be 3 in just a couple of months!

    And I hear you on the naps. Ashby misses 1-2 naps a week. But unlike Ella, she doesn't not play quietly in her room. She likes to continuously call for me & kick her feet on the door. I'm not ready to give up rest time yet either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refuse to give up nap time. It's sacred in this house!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...