Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Summer Fun

We have been having a TON of summer fun. I have been  trying to plan something fun for Ella to do everyday. It seems to make for a very long day if we don't have anything going on. Ella even wakes up in the morning with her own ideas of what she wants to do. She woke up the other morning telling me she wanted to go to Holiday World. After I told her we were not going there that day she said, "I was planning on it." If it was up to her we would be there every day of the week. 

We have started meeting up with a little girl, Julia, that will be in Ella's kindergarten class. Her mom, Heather, contacted me via facebook to see if we wanted to start getting together once a week before school starts so the girls can get to know each other. It has been a blessing to say the least. They are both pretty quiet, and they are both only children. They get along really well. We have been to the Inflatable Fun Factory, the park, and Chick fil A to play and eat lunch. I'm always shocked at how much Ella talks to Julia. They are cute little friends, and I hope this makes her transition to kindergarten a little easier. 

A couple of weekends ago we went to the Good Shepard summer social. Lacey went along with us so she got to experience a Saturday night with the Bertrams. :)









Last week we went to Holiday World. My mom came along with us since she is retired and can do things like that . It was an unusually cool summer day. We didn't even go to the water park, but it was still fun.


This past Monday we went to Burdette the first time this summer. We went a ton last year, because we had a pass. I love Burdette. We went all the time when I was a kid. It wasn't the same without my brother grilling hot dogs for us! 






It has been a fun summer so far, but the days seems to be dwindling. Ella start kindergarten in 32 days. How can that be true!? We will be soaking up the rest of summer until then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...