Friday, August 15, 2014

Kindergarten- Week 1

Ella survived her first week of kindergarten. There have been a few bumps in the road this week, but overall I would say she has done pretty good.  

I didn't expect it to be an easy transition for Ella. She has been home with me since birth. Other than preschool and Sunday school she hasn't been with strangers. The beginning of the week went really good. Ella looked a little lost when we dropped her off, but she didn't cry. As the week went on (and she became more exhausted) she started to say she didn't want to go. We unfortunately had to leave her crying with her teachers the past couple of days. Adam has went with me, and that has made it much easier. It's so nice living close to the church, because we can both go. 

Ella's teacher has been kind enough to email us late morning to let us know Ella is doing just fine. It's so nice receiving emails like the one below after having such a rough morning.


I am so pleased with her teachers and the staff at her school. They have been nothing but nice to us and reassured us that Ella will adjust.  

It's definitely going to take some time getting acclimated with this new schedule. I am used to having so much time with Ella, and now I feel like I hardly have any. Once she gets home the nights just fly by. I will definitely be taking full advantage of weekends with her. 

It's been a LONG week, but I am glad to have the first one under our belts. I'm just hoping and praying Ella has a great first year of school! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...