Monday, January 11, 2016

Paige || 8 months old


I'm not sure how it's already been 8 months since Paige's birth. She has changed so much in the past eight months but is still proving to be the laid back baby she was on the day she was born. 

Day by day her personality is beginning to shine. 
Paige can be described as incredibly sweet, happy, laid back, and pleasant. She rarely cries and if she does you know it's for a good reason. 

She has stolen all of our hearts and continues to everyday. 

What's new....

  • Paige weighs 17.5 pounds.
  • Paige is SO close to crawling. She constantly wants to be in the "crawling position". When I'm holding her she even tries to wiggle her way into that position. She can move herself in a circle on her stomach, but her little legs are not mobile YET. 
  • She loves sleeping on her stomach. For awhile she was getting stuck, and I would have to go in her room to help her. She can now move around freely in her crib. 
  • Paige has started communicating by babbling and yelling. She has started saying "da da". We also loves to scream. Adam says it sounds like we have a chimpanzee living in our house. 
  • Paige has started eating baby food on a daily basis. She loves bananas, peaches, apples, and pears. She is not a fan of vegetables with peas being her least favorite. 
  • She can now sit in a shopping cart which makes my life so much easier. 
Likes and Dislikes...

LOVES playing with toys but is a tiny destroyer. 
LOVES watching Ella and playing with her. 
LOVES riding in the car but doesn't enjoy being in her carseat for a long period of time. 
LOVES being held
LOVES bathtime 
LOVES Elliott and Brody 

DISLIKES loud noises (trash bags imparticlar)
DISLIKES being in her car seat for a long period of time
DISLIKES strangers

Sleeping...

She is still not sleeping through the night. UGH! She slept through the night two times before Christmas. I thought it was a fluke, and IT WAS. I still long for the day I can sleep all night again on a consistent basis. She is a wonderful napper. She takes two, two hour naps a day. She goes to bed at 6pm every night. She typically wakes at 12 or 3 to eat. I lay her down awake, and she always can get herself to sleep. Besides not sleeping through the night I can't complain about Paige's sleeping habits. 

Eating...

Paige is a great eater. She typically takes an 8 ounce bottle. I am noticing that she is only liking her bottles when it's time to sleep.  She very rarely finishes a bottle when it is not nap or bedtime. I have been trying to get her to eat baby food at least three times a day, but sometimes she doesn't want to mess with it. She loves fruits but doesn't seem to like vegetables. We will work on that. 

Play....

Paige really enjoys playing. She received all kinds of goodies for Christmas that keep her busy. She loves her exersaucer and jumperoo. She loves playing with balls. She likes books but either tries to chew on them or rip them up. She likes toys that play music. Her favorite toys seem to still be our phones and remotes. She did get a toy phone and remote for Christmas but still loves to try to grab ours. 


Paige has been such a sweet addition to our family. We are so blessed by our little surprise! :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...