Friday, May 20, 2016

Paige is ONE

Our sweet Paigey Leigh,  


I can't believe it's been a year since you were born. What a year it has been! I was scared to death while I was pregnant with you, but you stole our hearts the second you were born. 

You were a happy, content baby the moment you came out and to our surprise you have stayed that way! You have been the biggest blessing to our family and the closure I needed to move on. I never thought I wanted another child not because I don't love having children, but because I had to go through so much after having Ella. I never fully thought I was done though, and after six years we were blessed with you! 


You have been an angel baby. You rarely cry unless you need something. You love to eat and sleep. You love to play and explore your surroundings. You are content, happy, and full of joy all the time. Your smile could light up a room. You are the best of the best! 

You babble all the time and can say: "bye bye", "mama", "dada", "dog", and "uh oh." You are not walking yet, but you are the fastest crawler we have ever seen. You are cruising around, and we know it won't be long before you are running around the house. 


You LOVE to eat and probably eat more than your sister. You haven't met a food you don't like except bananas. You eat three good meals a day and snack often in between. I'm not sure where all of this food goes, because people are always commenting on how small you are.  You love your bottle and your sippy cup. Even though you love to eat, you were not very interested in your smash cake for your birthday or your pictures. 



You are such a good sleeper and still take two naps a day and sleep 12 hours at night. You have only been sleeping through the night for the last couple of months, and up until that point I wasn't sure I was going to make it. The first ten months of your life were exhausting for me. I was like a robot getting up during the night to feed you. We finally made it though, and you now sleep from 7pm-7am. Thank you!! You nap from 9-11 and 2-4 without fail. You still need that morning nap, and I can't see that you will drop it anytime soon. 


Sweet Paige, we love you so much and can't imagine life without you now. The first year with a baby is typically not easy, but you, my dear, have been nothing but a joy. You have added so much to our lives and definitely filled a void we didn't even know was there until we had you.  


Your daddy, sissy, and I love you so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...