Time is flying by and that means I am so behind on posting. I did so well for so long keeping up with this blog, and I have been majorly slacking lately. Maybe someday I'll have more time to keep up!
So what have we been up to?
My days are filled with lots of time with this girl. She NEVER stops talking or moving and wears me (and everyone else) out, but I wouldn't have it any other way. She was supposed to start preschool this fall, but we decided to wait another year. I failed to potty train her this summer after some major power struggles the first go round. She decided she was ready the week before preschool would have started, but I had already given up her spot. Some days I regret not sending her, but I know this is our last year together. Once she starts preschool it will never be the same so until then I will soak up my time with her.
I have also started working on her separation anxiety. This was a CONSTANT worry for me. I couldn't leave her anywhere without her crying and coming back to get her. I decided to join a gym in July and hope for the best. To my surprise, Paige has done really well! It is so nice to be able to drop her off and know that she is ok. It has been great for her and for me.
She loves interacting with other kids. It's been fun to see her play and talk to other kids. I'm pretty sure Paige won't have any trouble making friends in school.
Paige also started 3-year-old Kindermusik. I drop her off and then join in for the last ten minutes. She has done surprisingly well. I worried about this all summer. Even though she cries at drop off she is always happy when I pick her up.
Fourth grade is in full swing, and it's been a tough school year so far. Socially, Ella is doing great. She has made some new friends and is really happy. Academically, it's been tough. She has homework every night that can take us an hour or more. She also has to prepare for tests so add in studying, and it takes us awhile. She definitely can't just slide by like she used to. This school year has been a rude awakening but overall it's been good so far.
Donald Trump came to town a few weeks ago, and I took Ella and Paige to see his plane come in. Ella thought it was really neat, and Paige was just ready to go home. It's not every day you get to see Airforce One though.
On Labor Day weekend we took a little trip to Nashville and stayed at the Gaylord for a couple of days. We surprised Ella and picked her up from school early on that Friday. She had no idea what was going on, but she was happy about it. We shopped, played, and ordered room service. It was a good weekend!
We ate lunch at Rainforest Cafe and Paige was TERRIFIED. It crossed my mind that she might be scared, but I hate no idea she would be that terrified. She sat on my lap the entire meal with her hands covering her eyes. Once our food arrived she would open her mouth (with her eyes closed) and take a bite. Once we left she started talking completely normal and said: "that was really scary!" It was the most peaceful meal we have had with her I think. :)
Ella is an old pro at Rainforest Cafe.
Our trips are usually exhausting and crazy, but I love traveling and seeing Ella and Paige experience new things. I have a LONG list of places for us to go in the coming years, and I hope we get to experience them all.
Grandparents Day was this past week at Ella's school. Ella was up and raring to go that morning. It's her favorite day of the whole school year. If only she had that kind of enthusiasm every day! Ella had two sets of grandparents come this year. Instead of a program and a party the school just had an open house with snacks, and it was so nice. They also had the book fair going on, and Ella was excited to shop at that.
Ella's friend, Mia, joined us since her grandpa was sick that day.
Life has been busy since school started with no sign of it slowing down. I can't get over how fast time goes these days. I feel like Ella just started school, and it's almost fall freak. Even though our life can be crazy, busy, loud, and stressful at times I still appreciate where I'm at in life. I know I will never get this time back so I try to enjoy it as much as I can.
Hopefully I can get back to my regular posting soon!!
















No comments:
Post a Comment