We took the girls on one last hurrah before the school year started. We were originally supposed to go to California with Adam this week. He was going to Santa Barbara for a work thing, and I couldn't pass up the oppurtunity. The closer it got, the more worried I got. The thought of being alone all day with two kids in an unfamiliar place made me feel uneasy. Sometimes you have to trust your gut, and that's what I chose to do. This did not come as an easy decision as I have had an obsession with California for a long time. I'm not kidding when I say I fell into a depression for a few days over this decision, but in the end I knew it was the right thing to do. Sometimes, the right thing to do and what we really want to do are two different things. That has been a hard thing to accept for me over the years. Doing what is right for my kids may not be what I want to do. One of these days, right?
Instead of wallowing in my sorrows, I planned a trip with my parents to Soundwaves in Nashville. We love the Gaylord Opryland Hotel so I knew this was the perfect getaway.
Adam decided to come along with us since he didn't go to California. Don't even ask!
Soundwaves is unlike any other waterpark I have been to. It's SUPER nice. Everything about the Gaylord is top notch so I wasn't surprised at all.
Paige loved the outdoor wave pool.
Indoors, we went on the raft rides and swam in the pool.
This waterfall made for great pictures. These two girls had the best time!
We are big fans of the Gaylord Hotel. We have been every year for the past 10 years.
Two big kids right here. My parents crack me up.
This is what happens when you give two 10 year olds caffeine!
We had a great view of the boat ride. Paige loved waving to everyone.
Paige and I rode the carousel before going to the Disney Store to pick out a surprise. She had the best time.
It was a great trip and a great way to end the summer. Summer 2019 was a great one. From Orland0 (Universal Studios) to Michigan to Nashville, we made memories that will last a lifetime.













No comments:
Post a Comment