February!
We had a fabulous weather day so Ella, Paige, and I took the boys out on the golf course to run around. The boys love to get out but can't hang for as long as they used to.
Paige loves to run the show and tries to dictate any time she spends with Ella. She is a little boss (or tries to be at least). Ella is a good sport and will go along with her until she's had her fill.
Ella loves the fact she can run faster than Paige, and Paige is always up for the challenge of trying to catch her.
Paige insisted they hold hands and run down the hill.
They both love throwing rocks in this little creek across the street. Paige was getting rocks for Ella and herself so all Ella had to do was stand and wait.
The boys were tired and just wanted to rest and watch.
Love these two!
Adam and I "celebrated" 14 years of marriage on February 4th! Celebrate is in parentheses because we didn't do anything exciting to mark the occasion. We didn't get to go on our yearly trip to Nashville (hopefully next year). We are just lucky to still have each other. :)
Warmer weather is coming so I thought I better get Paige back in the pool. We swam at the indoor pool at our gym. Paige can still swim but not as well as she could at the end of last summer. I'm sure after a little brushing up (once our pool open) she will be good to go again.
Brody turned 13 on February 8th. His age is definitely showing these days. He is pretty much deaf and has lost some eyesight. He still gets around like a young man though. :) He has a very unique personality and fits right in the Bertram family.
Poor Paige was hit with a 24-hour bug, but she was good to go after a couple of days. I know she is sick when she falls asleep during the day because she never sits down.
Now that Paige is in preschool I actually have some time to sit and watch tv. It's been a long while since I have been able to do that during the day, and I take full advantage of it.
Paige had her first Valentine exchange on Valentine's day. She was SO excited. She took treat bags to hand out and came home with a bag full of stuff. This was Ella's last Valentine exchange, and she didn't even care to take any. I can't believe we have gotten to that point in life with her. Her classroom parties have officially come to an end.
We found Adam's book at Barnes and Noble. This has been about two years in the making. After a lot of writing and a lot of complaining (lol), his book was finally published!
Rylee came over for a visit, and Paige was so proud of herself for holding her. Paige asks me every day if Rylee has grown up yet. She's ready for a playmate.
Elliott patiently waits for me to go to bed every night. He loves to lay in bed with me. Without fail, every night after I put Paige to bed, he is sitting somewhere staring at me.
And this is what he's waiting for... He got lucky on this particular night because Ella left her fuzzy jacket on the bed.
Paige had another leader day this month. She loves being the leader, although she can be a little weepy at times with us there.
Here she is leading the line...
Holding the flag for the pledge of allegiance..
Paige brought "Trucky" for show and tell. Trucky is Adam's remote control car that Paige loves and talks about like it's a person.
Can you find Elliott? He somehow burrowed himself into the middle of this laundry and went to sleep.
Here we are again with yet ANOTHER illness. This poor kid can not catch a break. She started out puking and now we have moved on to a fever. There were seven kids missing in her class today so I'm sure they all shared something. Ugh!
Hopefully, March brings healthy kids and warmer weather!



No comments:
Post a Comment