Sunday, May 17, 2020

Quarantine Life- April 2020


We spent the ENTIRE month of April at home. I can count on one hand where I went. I ran in Petsmart to buy a hamster, and we went to Amish country to buy flowers. Besides that, we were home or outside.
I have mixed feelings about quarantine. I missed some things but not others. I didn't miss school at all, yet I missed them actually being at school so I could have alone time. I did make me sad to see how much Ella and Paige both longed for their social life at school. They both missed their friends. I missed things like going out to eat and trips to Target. I missed being around family. Sometimes I loved being at home and enjoyed the "stillness" of life, and sometimes I despised it. You definitely can't have it all!

We spent a ton of time outside swinging, walking, taking golf cart rides, and even fishing. Thank goodness the weather was nice during this. It's the only thing that got us through. 

On my way home from a run I found "trucky" pulling Paige on her scooter. 


We also spent a lot of time riding bikes and stayed up way too late some nights playing basketball. 






Paige enjoyed videos from her teacher while Ella loved zoom calls with her teacher and classmates. 

Easter fell on my birthday this year. This was the first year the girls did not have an Easter egg hunt with Autumn, but we still tried to make the best of it. We missed spending time with all of the family. Hopefully next year it's back to normal!

Ella got a special gift for Easter this year. Meet ThickJudas (formerly Thickbean). He was quickly renamed when Adam called him by the wrong name, and it just stuck. He's a pretty good little pet so far, although he usually parties all night long. I have no idea how Ella sleeps with him running on his wheel all night. He hides under his bedding a lot, eats, sleeps, and poops. He is entertaining to watch and keeps her company in her room. 


Ella helped the Easter Bunny hide eggs this year. She is a good helper on holidays now. 

I had to get a picture with my girls for my birthday. I turned 38 this year. I have no idea how I'm pushing 40, but I can't complain. It's a pretty good life!! 


A leotard and wig is totally acceptable quarantine attire. 

Paige wore goggles to keep the wind out of her eyes. This kid keeps us entertained. 

Sweet Elliott gets on our bed every night after Paige goes to bed. Without fail he will be waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs after I get her to bed. He especially loves when there is laundry on the bed to lay on. 

We did some picnics in the driveway. 


The boys have enjoyed walks on the golf course. They can't go very far, but they like the change of scenery. It has been nice having Ella around during the day for things like this. She would usually be at school. 



Little man loves the fresh air!


New activities showed up some days to hopefully break up the monotony. 

We finally bought a new battery for the Barbie Jeep for Paige to drive. Her driving skills are going to need some major work, but it's been fun for her. 


We did our usual trip to Amish country for flowers. We were not sure if we should go, but they were happy for the business. This was the first time we wore masks to buy flowers which was weird, but It was nice to get out for the day. 

Amish country is so pretty! 





Rainy days were fun for splashing in puddles and playing with "trucky". 





Paige wanted Ella's old nightstand painted white (her request) and sat next to her bed. My dad sprayed it for us, and we moved it into her room. I moved her rocker out since I don't rock her anymore. Her room looks like such a big girl room now. 

Paige wanted to go see her school and ride bikes so one night after dinner we headed over there. She wanted to look in the windows. Fingers crossed she can go back in there in August. 




My dad brought over his fishing rod one day so we went over to the golf course to see if we could catch anything. I think Ella could stand there all day long. My dad ended up catching two fish. It was a great day to be out. 







Although it wasn't that bad, I hope this is the last April we spend in quarantine! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...