April leads to nice weather and my birthday. This April was an exciting month, because I turned 40. I'm not sure how that even happened but here we are.
Warm weather leads to more golf cart rides. It was so dirty so Paige wanted to wash it. I'm not sure it was a good idea to let this kid loose with a power washer, but it sure was entertaining.
We were finally able to go back to Disney on Ice. It had been three years since we had been due to Covid. Needless to say, we were very excited...even the adults!
We had the best seats which made the show that much better. Paige is still at a great age for this kind of stuff. These years fly by so fast so I am definitely living it up while I can.
It was such a great show. It was probably the best Disney on Ice we have been to.
Sitting so close to the stage allows us to get a great view of the characters.
The weekend before Easter we joined Paige's friend, Tinley, and her sister for the West Side Nut Club easter egg hunt. Paige and Tinley have so much fun together. Add in Tinley's sister, Eliza, and it's a party!
I have never seen so many easter eggs at an egg hunt. These eggs were gone in seconds. I have never seen anything like it. It was a fun event, and I'm glad we went.
Alison and I went out to celebrate our 40th birthdays. We went to Pangea to eat and have a couple of drinks. We had the best time. We don't get out often together so it was fun to get together and catch up. It definitely won't be our last time. We decided we need to do that more often.
Once I got home from dinner, it was back to reality. Paige hit rock bottom that night and did not feel good. She ended up having a double ear infection and was feeling pretty rough.
I had grand plans for my birthday. I just wanted to spend the day doing what I wanted to do. I was not even surprised when Paige was home almost the entire week, because she was not feeling good. #momlife
Isn't this a beautiful cake?! I ordered it for myself... lol!
Paige made me this nice birthday card since she was home with me on my birthday. I can't believe how far she has come this school year. She was able to spell most of those words herself, which is unreal.
Rylee came over to play one afternoon. They had a lot of fun playing outside and taking a golf cart ride. They always have fun no matter what they are doing. Paige is such a good big cousin to Rylee. Paige is a little mother hen.
Easter was also this month. It was such a cold Easter. You would have thought it was Christmas, because Paige was up at the crack of dawn.
It used to be Ella that was up early and now she sleeps so long we have to wake her up. She may be getting older, but she's not too old for an Easter basket. You really have to think outside of the box with her when buying her goodies.
Paige had her shoes and coat on and was out the door before 7am. She could not wait to hunt eggs.
This year the Easter bunny put candy, squishies, erasers, and money in her eggs. Speaking of the easter bunny, Paige figured out that we are the easter bunny. She thinks and analyzes everything and finally put two and two together. She still had fun even though she knows the easter bunny is not real.
After the festivities at our house, we headed to Mammy and Peep's house for an egg hunt, baskets, and lunch.
There were lots and lots of goodies in their baskets!
I walked Paige to her classroom almost everyday with the exception of days she would see a friend in the morning. On this day her friend, Alex, spotter her and waited to walk with her. Paige is such a social butterfly and greatly enjoyed getting to know kids at school.
After weeks and weeks of not touching her front tooth, it finally came out. I'm not sure what it was about that tooth, but she did not want it to come out. I finally had to make a dentist appointment to have it pulled as incentive for her to get it out. It obviously worked!
Paige got in trouble one day, and I later found she left me a little note on the fridge. She makes me laugh often. "I don't like you mom." Ha!































No comments:
Post a Comment