The school year has come and gone, and I can't believe it's over. At the beginning of the school year I'm always nervous for the new year and what it will bring, and then by the end I'm sad it's over. Last summer we went back and forth about where to send Paige to school. She was registered at two schools, one of which is right across the street from our house. I have no regrets in sending her to ECS. Although I get frustrated sometimes, I think ECS was the best option for her. She definitely found her place!
We had our fair share of ups and downs this past school year. Overall, I think kindergarten and seventh grade were a success.
Paige tutored with another kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Taylor, every Monday after school. Paige really enjoyed her time with her and learned a lot in the process.

Ella drew a t-shirt design for an art contest and ended up winning. Her drawing is going to be put on the t-shirts for the fine arts camp this summer. They digitized her drawing, and I think it turned out perfect! What a great way to wrap up the school year!
The kindergarten classes had a kindergarten celebration a few days before school ended. Paige woke up crying that morning since she had so much anxiety about it. They practiced at school that day, and she decided it wasn't so bad.
Paige is always ready to strike a pose for me. She picked out her dress for the evening and looked so pretty.
Paige learned a lot about friendships this year. What to do and what NOT to do. I'm just hoping she carries over some of these lessons for first grade. ;)
She got to know so many kids this year. She is very social and loved the social aspect of school.
I am beyond proud of how well she did in kindergarten. From the very first day she walked right in and acted like she had been there forever. It was so much easier for me to send her off each day knowing that she was happy to be there.
Each year the school year flies by faster than the year before. I'm not even sure where this year went. It FLEW by.
Ella missed the last couple of days of school since she was under the weather. I think she just wanted to start her summer early. ;) She had a great seventh grade year though. I have no idea how she will be in eighth grade next school year. I don't feel old enough for that!
From nervous and scared to confident and ready to tackle her last day!
Bring on summer "break"!!
No comments:
Post a Comment