Sunday, October 16, 2022

Maine Vacation- Part 3


On our last day we went on an Acadian Nature Tour. We were originally supposed to go on Lulu's Lobster boat earlier in the week, but our tour was cancelled due to wind. I'm kind of glad it ended up working out like that. We had the best time on this tour and got to see lots of things. My favorite of course being the seals!

It was CHILLY that morning. We all had pants and jackets, except for poor Adam. Oops! 

Take me back!! :)

We planned to sit on top but ended up sitting on the bottom where there were less people. It was a good decision. We were able to move around freely, and I could easily take pictures. 

 We saw some beautiful views of Bar Harbor. I wish we would have been able to spend more time in downtown Bar Harbor, but it was just way too crowded. Isn't it just beautiful though? Maine is truly one of a kind. 


This is one of the hotels in Bar Harbor. Although I loved where we stayed, it might have been kind of nice to stay right in the middle of everything. Parking in Bar Harbor is scarce so this would have been really convenient. 
We rented binoculars on the boat which Paige made good use of. We also bought our fair share of snacks while on the tour. 

Headed out!!



The views of Acadia NP were gorgeous. I didn't know we would see Acadia from the water, but we saw a lot of pretty views. 

Look at all of those people! When we were at that spot no one was there since we were there so early. I can't believe the amount of people that visit these parks each year. They are becoming so popular! 



I loved seeing all of the fishing boats out in the water. If you look closely you can see the lobster in those cages. 










My favorite part of the entire trip though were of course the seals. They stole the show! We were able to sit and watch them for awhile. 

They seem pretty lazy. They were laying all over the rocks sunbathing. 

They were the highlight of my trip! 







On our way back we were lucky enough to see a bald eagle. She was watching her baby fly around. 

Later that afternoon it was low tide so we went out back of our rental house to explore one last time.  Adam made a friend with a bird. He sure loved the cheeto's Adam was throwing out. 

Paige spotted a crab...


She also found a sea star. She was so proud of herself for holding it. 

The following day we loaded up and headed out of Maine. I was sad to see our trip end. It was a great trip with lots of great memories made. I loved that area of the US so much. I can't wait to head up that way again someday. 

We drove twelve hours that day to make it to our halfway point which was Niagara Falls, NY. We stayed there for the night so we could go visit Niagara Falls in the morning. I was not impressed with the actual town of Niagara Falls. It was crowded, loud, and seemed dirty. It's hard to explain, but I would not stay there again. 

We were up and ready early the next morning to see Niagara Falls and finish the last leg of our trip. 

 

This was leading up to the falls, and we could start to see the rainbow. Off into the distance you can see the Canada side which is supposed to be much prettier. 

The actual falls were gorgeous and a site to see. I wish we could have stayed longer to explore. 



We were all tired and pictured out by this point. We spent a few minutes taking in the views and headed out. We were ready to get home. 



I am thankful for another great trip with the fam! There are so many things that could go wrong with a 20 hour road trip, but it went seamlessly. We saw a lot of new things and made a lot of wonderful memories that will last a lifetime. I can't wait for our next summer adventure (which I was planning in my head on the way home)! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...