In early August summer break came to an end, and it was time to start another school year. I always have mixed feelings about the school year starting. It's nice to get back to routine but also there is fear of the unknown. I just never know what the school year might bring or what struggles they may have.
I have no idea how this happened, but Ella started eighth grade this year. It's seriously hard to believe this is her last year of middle school. It seems like yesterday I dropped her off at kindergarten crying. School is not easy for her, and she has overcome so much over the years.
A few weeks after school started, they had spirit week. One of the days was a crazy hair day. Paige was happy to sport her crazy hair.
We had our fair share of shaved ice over the summer. I think we pretty much kept them in business. In September, our days of shaved ice came to a close. We enjoyed our last shaved ice until next summer.
Paige finally decided to get her ears pierced. She tried in kindergarten but couldn't do it. She was bound and determined this time around. She went into Claire's and didn't shed a tear when she got them pierced. She was such a big girl and so proud of herself!
I was able to volunteer at the book fair this year. Paige was so excited to have me there, and I was able to help her shop. I'm not sure if that was a good or bad thing, because it ended up costing me money to volunteer.
Paige was invited to a friend's birthday party at Skate World. This was her first time skating, and it took her awhile to get the hang of it. She had such a fun time being around her friends though. She is a social butterfly.








No comments:
Post a Comment