November brought about our first snowfall and our first taste of COLD weather. It didn't last long fortunately, but we had to get out and enjoy it before it melted. We typically do not get snow this early in the season.
Adam tried to build a snowman but that didn't work out so he turned it into a chair.
One of Paige's assingments was to write a sentence about the past, present, and future. All she wants for her future is a husband. Lol! She reminds me so much of myself that it's scary. I could totally see her being a mom and wife when she grows up.
This year for Thanksgiving we had lunch with Adam's entire family. They all only get together about once a year, and we had not seen them all in awhile. I am extra thankful we went this year. We had no idea what events would follow the day after Thanksgiving.
Paige was so happy to see Rylee. Rylee is finally at the age where she can play. Paige has waited for this moment since Rylee was born. They had the best time together.
It was a pretty nice day outside so Rylee and Paige had a lot of time to play and run around.
This was our 20th Thanksgiving together. Adam drives me nuts sometimes, but I am thankful for him always.

Paige and Rylee picked up another friend while they were playing. Paige brought her basket full of toys, and it was a hit.
The day after Thanksgiving we went to the circus. We had not been in four years so it was exciting to go back again. On our way in I was stopped because I brought my normal camera. Seriously!? I could not believe it. They almost didn't let me in because of it. They let me bring it in this time but told me I couldn't bring it next time. I still can't get over it!
I used to be terrified of clowns which is funny now. Paige doesn't have the same fear luckily. The clowns are now my favorite part of the circus.
She had grand plans to ride an elephant but chickened out at the last minute and got her face painted instead.

I love these signs the clowns comes out with. This one was rolling an X for a "rolex".
This was by far my favorite...
This one reminded me of Adam.. can't imagine why.
The circus was a lot of fun and entertaining. I love watching all the performers.
The night after Thanksgiving Adam got a text from his mom saying that his step dad was on the way to the hospital after collapsing with extremely low blood pressure. We just assumed that he would be ok, because in the past he had always been ok if he had to go to the hospital. A couple of hours later we got a text that he had coded unfortunately. Adam headed to the hospital to be with him mom/family. After a very long night the very difficult decision was made to take him off of life support.
To this day, it is still surreal that this happened, and he is gone. I have known Ron for the past twenty years. Although our parents are getting older, I still feel like they will be around for many more years. This was definitely a wake up call. When it's your time to go, it's your time to go. Enjoy people and spend as much time as loved ones as you can, because you never know when that time will come.
I have a lot of memories of Ron. My favorite memory though is at family wedding receptions. Back then (before kids) we still were carefree and could have as much fun as we wanted. I always went and got beers for everyone and Ron called me "the beer bitch". Lol! I still remember delivering beers to the table on quite a few occasions. I laughed every time he said it.
It has been tough walking alongside my mother in law as she goes through this. Grief hits everyone differently, and it is hard to see her so sad. Although we have had a lot of sadness through this, we have had some good times together since we have spent more time together. Paige and Rylee have been a ray of sunshine through this whole thing. They are lucky to have each other.
























No comments:
Post a Comment