Veronica, our GPS, rerouted us after taking a wrong turn. We were on back roads almost all the way to Alabama. We almost hit a dog, and I know we hit a possum (sorry possum). Ella was screaming bloody murder for about two hours into the trip. Once we hit civilization we stopped at a motel. We were going to get a room, but Ella calmed down in the parking lot. I had to hold her for 7 hours straight on the way home (yes, I know this isn't safe, but you do what you have to do for your screaming child). My back was killing me, and around 4:30 in the morning I started getting nauseous. I was holding Ella in one arm and holding a bag that I was gagging into in the other. Luckily, Ella is a sound sleeper and didn't wake up. We finally pulled in the driveway around 5:15am. Ella was thrilled to be home. She was so happy to be home that she laid her "blankee" and baby on the floor, and laid down on them right by the door in the living room. It almost looked like she kissed the floor.
It definitely wasn't an ideal trip, but you do what you have to do. I don't regret going, and I also don't regret leaving early. I guess we will have to wait a couple more years before we go again. Ella is just a home body, and enjoys her simple little life:)
Ella's first look at the ocean















No comments:
Post a Comment