Monday, December 20, 2010

TWO!!

Ella turned two years old yesterday. WOW! I have been thinking back two years ago, and I still remember it like it was yesterday. The excitement definitely outweighed the nervousness. I had been waiting 9 LONG months to meet her, and at 3:03pm out came the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. She stole my heart at that moment, and she'll have it forever. 

Here we are two years later. Ella is no longer a baby. She looks like a little girl and acts like one too!  She talks non stop. She LOVES LOVES LOVES Elmo, babies, and balls. She goes non stop from the time she wakes up in the morning from the time she goes to bed at night. It's exhausting! She is such a sweet little girl, but she is also stubborn. She likes to do things when she wants to do them. She is also getting very independent. She wants to do things on her own. Ella is getting to be a lot more outgoing than she used to be. She still enjoys shopping with mommy. Shopping for me these days = grocery shopping. My mall shopping days are few and far between with a two year old. We had our first fit at Schnucks the other day. I think it was the two year old coming out in her. There were random screams and cries coming for our shopping cart the whole time we were in there. People were staring and smiling at me. I just ignored it and went on my merry way:) 


It's been an exciting year with Ella. We went to Chicago and Florida. I wouldn't say they were enjoyable trips, but they were trips we will never forget! We also made our first trip to Holiday World, and Ella loved it! Ella stopped taking a bottle in September. I thought she would have a hard time, but she did great! She went from saying 10 words to well over 50. She is still learning and growing each day. She started her first kindermusik class back in August. She loved it. It was so neat seeing her interact with other children. 


Ella started saying "dada" a long time ago, but it has recently developed into daddy. She just started saying "mama" a few months ago, and I still love to hear her say it! She has also started saying family members names. Somehow Grammy is now "Mammy." Grampy is now "PP." Grandma is "mamaw." Lacey is "cey."   Autumn is still "Au'um." She has also recently made friends with cousin Bree, and she calls her "Bee."  Ella also knows the difference between Elliott and Brody, and she can say both of their names. I think it is crazy that she can tell them apart at such a young age. The three of them get along so well now. Elliott doesn't hide like he used to, but I think that is because she doesn't pull their tails anymore. 


Yesterday we celebrated Ella's birthday by having a small party. The party would have not been complete without an Elmo cake. I didn't show it to her until it was time to blow out the candle, and she fell in love as soon as she saw it. After she blew out her candle I took it away, and she started crying. Adam, being the softy he is:), gave it back to her. We gave her a fork, and she dug in! I finally had to salvage what I could and throw out the rest. Ella was still looking for Elmo later on in the evening. I told her Elmo had to go bye bye. Hopefully she forgets about this cake soon. We had a great party. She received lots of nice gifts. Everyone stayed to help us put it all together. Ella had a great 2nd birthday. Even though I am excited to see what this next year will bring, I wish time would slow down a little bit. Ella is growing up faster than I ever imagined. 



















Happy 2nd Birthday Ella! We love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...