Yesterday I took Ella in for her two year check up. As soon as we walked in Ella was terrified. I couldn't even sit down in the waiting room, or she would start to freak out. She wanted to leave. Luckily, they called us back pretty quickly. They got Ella's height and weight, and the nurse tells me there are no rooms available yet. They put us in a back waiting room, and we waited for 30 minutes. Ella SCREAMED and CRIED. I couldn't do anything to make her stop. She kept handing me her hat and coat, because she was ready to go. Later on I found out they could hear her out front. Once we were moved to the room the doctor was going to see us in she continued the screaming and crying. Luckily, right before the doctor came in Ella decided she was fine. She started eating gold fish and looking at an Elmo book that was in the room.
It was our first check-up with Ella's new doctor, Dr. Stone. She is super nice, and Ella really seems to like her. Ella talked to her the whole time. Dr. Stone was surprised how clearly Ella could talk. She told me I needed to start working on potty training her (do I have to?). She also said I need to start brushing her teeth with a fluoride toothpaste twice a day, and by the age of three I should be able to floss her teeth..LOL! She doesn't know what I'm dealing with here. The appointment went great though. Here are Ella's 2 year stats:
Weight: 26 pounds
Height: 35 1/2 inches
Ella is in the 95th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight. The doctor told me awhile back she would be tall and skinny, and so far she is on the right track.
Ella is in a size 5 diaper. She wears mostly 24 month clothing, but she has a few 2T tops. She wears a size 5 shoe, but I am guessing it won't be long before she can wear a 6.
She is getting to be such a big girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment