Sunday, February 6, 2011

Nashville Trip

We had such a fun, relaxing weekend in Nashville. We stayed at the Opryland Hotel.

 I LOVE that hotel. I think it is one of my favorite places. It's so relaxing. We didn't leave but one time to run to Target. I'll explain why here shortly. 

For weeks I have been worried about leaving Ella. I wasn't so much worried about her. I was worried about my parents and the possibility that Ella may not sleep. I am happy to say that she slept all night Friday night, took a nap on Saturday, AND slept all night Saturday night. They said she was really good all weekend. I was able to breath a little easier knowing that they were not dead tired. I know Ella had a fun time, because she wasn't even that excited to see us when we got home. She acted as if we never left! I hope my parents know how grateful we are to them for staying with Ella over the weekend so we could go have some fun! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! 

Friday night we got to Nashville around 7:30. We got a room with a balcony. We both love the balconies. You can hear running water. We got lucky, and there was a waterfall to the left of us. 


Adam and I on our five year anniversary! 

Saturday morning we get up and realize that Adam's boxers, socks, and t-shirts are missing from the suitcase. Come to find out that ELLA had taken them out of the suitcase. She has an obsession with Adam's clothing. I remembered that I noticed some of his stuff in the hamper, and I thought it was weird because I did all the laundry before we left. She took it out of the suitcase and put it in the hamper. She is so funny! We had to make a trip to Target. I wasn't complaining either. I. LOVE. TARGET. If there was a Target shoppers anonymous I would be going. Target is my weakness, and I could lose all control in there (don't tell Adam but sometimes I do). I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a whole grocery section. I have never been to a Target that has a full grocery store in it. I was in heaven. I came out with some spices, kosher salt, wooden spoons, and pesto. Walking to our car I realized that I was slowly turning into my mother. The highlight of my mom's vacations is going to the grocery store. I used to hit up a mall for clothes, shoes, or a new purse on a trip. Now I settle for groceries:) 

Saturday afternoon we relaxed on the balcony and ate lunch. They have a really good burger place called Stax. It was probably my favorite meal of the whole trip.



My mouth is watering just looking at this picture. YUM! 

We walked around after lunch. The hotel is beautiful, and there is a lot to look at.







The flowers are just gorgeous. I always love taking pictures of them! 






Adam's way of relaxing. He was in heaven:) 

Thank goodness for the self timer. I wanted to try to get one good picture before we went out to eat. It was actually really dark right here. Thank goodness for photoshop. 

We ate at a Mexican restaurant called, "Solario." I thought it was excellent! The margarita was REALLY YUMMY! 

We headed out this morning. I think we were both ready to get back. It was a great trip. It was nice to relax, and not have to worry about a schedule. We both missed Ella and the boys greatly, but it's nice to get away from them every once in awhile too. Looking back it's been a great five years. It FLEW by. I still can't believe we have been married five years. In those five years we bought a house, got two dogs, had a baby, I quit my job to stay at home with Ella, and Adam switched jobs five times (HAHA). Minus me getting sick we have had pretty good luck. Hopefully the next five years will be just as great! 

1 comment:

  1. Miranda, evansvilles east side target is getting a grocery.
    A friend of mine is a manager there. I will have to check it out next time I'm in town. I've never seen a target grocery. looks like a great trip. Billy and I are trying to figure out what to do for our five year anniversary this summer.
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...