Somehow we went from this...
To this...
In a period of a few hours. Poor Ella has been sick since Thursday night. I had a feeling she was getting something, because she had the sniffles and sneezes Thursday afternoon/night. Ella went to bed at her usual time on Thursday, but she was up by 9:30. She had a few periods of sleep, but not much. She wanted to take a bath at 3am, because that seems to make her feel better. At around 4am she threw up all over our bed. By 6am she was taking a bath again, and I was doing some major laundry.
Elliott always knows when someone is sick and hangs around them the whole time. It's to bad he drives Ella crazy.
Ella laid around all day on Friday. It's very unlike her not to play. We either laid in bed or laid on the couch and watched movies. She was exhausted but would not go to sleep. She did fall asleep on my lap for about three minutes until daddy came home with lunch.
By Friday night we were all exhausted from not getting any sleep on Thursday night. I still had some energy to make some cookies. I can't tell you how many I have had this weekend. I am such a stress eater! I'll have to run 10 miles just to work all the calories off I have consumed from these cookies.
YUM! Pretty sure they were worth every. single. bite.
Friday night into Saturday morning was horrible. Ella barely slept. The dogs were barking in the laundry room all night long, because we were in and out of the bedroom, living room, bathroom. I seriously contemplated putting them in the garage just so we didn't have to hear them anymore. Ella finally went to sleep around 5am Saturday morning and slept until about 8:00am.
Saturday was another bad day. Ella was overly exhausted and just didn't feel good. I thought about taking her to the doctor, but she seemed to be a little better. Her nose was running, and she wanted to play. We both took a nap that day. I was on the brink of losing my mind. I seriously wanted to rip someone's head off. I do not do well being up almost 48 hours straight. Nothing can prepare you for being up all night with a sick child. It's horrible to see your child sick, and it's horrible being up all night. It's part of my job though, and even though it's hard, I'm happy to do it.
Saturday night I had really high hopes of her sleeping all night. I put her to bed around 8. I don't know if she ever went to sleep. Around 11:30 she was up. Every time she coughed she sounded like she was wheezing. It was easy to see why she was unable to sleep. The dogs barked all night again. I'm pretty sure Brody is about to scratch a hole through the wall. Finally around 4am Ella was so exhausted she fell asleep in our bed. Adam had to sleep on the floor, and thank goodness he did. Ella took up most of the bed and snored so loud I couldn't believe it.
The troublemakers!!
One little moment of happiness...
She woke up today and seemed better. She was running around playing, but her cough really concerned me. We took her to the after hours clinic just to have her looked at to make sure it was nothing serious.
She loves the fish at the doctor's office.
She threw a fit when the nurse tried to weigh her, but once it was her idea she was fine with it.
It was a good thing we took her in today. Come to find out she has an ear infection in her left ear. The congestion is viral so that will just have to go away on it's own. She has to take antibiotics for five days, and hopefully she will be good to go.
Ella hates this stuff with a passion. She screams bloody murder when we give it to her. The next five days of this should be fun!
It has been a really rough weekend. I am hoping it will get better from here on out. This is when being a parent is really hard. I had moments where I felt like I could have a meltdown. It makes me crazy when something is wrong with Ella. Hopefully she will get better soon so we can get back to normal life.
I also wanted to add that Autumn (my two year old niece) has been so concerned about Ella. She is afraid Ella won't be well in time to watch Mickey Mouse skate on ice (the girls are going to Disney on Ice in March). She is so sweet. This is Autumn and Penny's conversation before bed last night... I love it!
Tonight before bed Autumn is concerned about Ella being sick. I told her that Auntie Miranda is taking care of her and she will make her feel better. Autumn says, "I need to help Auntie Miranda. I will take the booger sucker to Ella's house and get all of that snot out of her nose so she will quit coughing. When her snot is gone she will feel much better. Mommy, you can stay here I will drive the blue van."
The mind of a child. She is so sweet!

Oh no! Poor Ella & poor Mommy! I hope the antibiotics kick in soon & she starts feeling better. And you all get some much needed sleep!
ReplyDelete