Sunday, January 22, 2012

Adam's birthday weekend and more

This past Friday was Adam's 32nd birthday. He's getting old right!? haha. When we first met Adam was 23, and I was 21. I can't believe he is now 32, and I am going to be 30. O.M.G. I am going to be 30 this year. Anyway, I always try to make Adam's birthday as special as possible. He works really hard, and NEVER does or buys anything for himself. That's where I come in. I love to spend money so he usually has a really nice birthday. 

His big present this year is a recliner. He has been bugging me for years about a recliner. When we first moved in together Adam brought along the most hideous blue recliner ever. I would not let him put it in the living room so it went in his computer room.  Unfortunately, that recliner was put to rest once we moved out of our apartment. I am not a fan of recliner, but I think every man needs to have one. I compromised and got him a  black leather one that will match our furniture nicely.

She'll be ours in about 6 weeks!

We celebrated Adam's birthday on Thursday evening when Adam got home from Terre Haute. Ella opened his presents for him, we had a nice dinner, and brownies for dessert! Adam asked for clothes since he never buys any for himself, and I picked him out a new pair of shoes.

Nice wrapping paper, huh? That's why you don't wait until the last minute to wrap gifts. 

Friday morning I got up extra early to make Adam monkey bread. I have been wanting to try this recipe for a long time. It was so good but very rich. I will definitely be making it again. 


Elliott was kind enough to get up early and keep me company. 

Friday night the Ice's invited us to go to an Evansville Icemen hockey game. We had never been to a hockey game, and it was definitely a lot of fun. I especially enjoyed two of the players duking it out on the ice. I think the best part was the crowd. There were die hard fans. We ate dinner, had a few beers, and shared some laughs. It was a fun night!



 Adam said since it was his birthday he didn't have to smile. Thanks for ruining my picture Adam! 
 Awesome!!



Saturday afternoon brought about a little excitement. Instead of taking a nap Ella decided to destroy her room. Adam and I were glued to the television watching Dexter so we had no clue this was going on. Not only did Ella destroy her room, but she also did a #2 on the floor. It's always something around here. 




Saturday night we went to Texas Roadhouse with the in law's and Lacey for Adam's birthday dinner. I had my camera with me, but I unfortunately forgot to take pictures. I hate when that happens! We had a nice dinner, and I was finally able to hear details about Lacey's mission trip to Myanmar. She was nice enough to bring us some gifts back with her. I am in love with the blanket she brought back. It's the softest blanket ever!! 

Besides my run with Sarah on Sunday, we had a really lazy day.




I found this recipe for Chicken enchilada soup on pinterest. It is so so good. It might be one of my new favorite things. You should definitely try it. I made it in the crock pot, and it was so easy. 




1 comment:

  1. Happy BIrthday to your hubby! Looks like you guys had a great weekend! That monkey bread & chicken enchilada soup looks delicious! Must make! And I'm sorry that Ella made a mess in her room at rest time (and went #2) but I had to giggle at that picture. Ashby has done the same thing before, so I can totally relate! Got to love our girls!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...