Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Evansville Half Marathon 2013


This past Saturday Sarah and I ran the Evansville half marathon! We have been training since July for this one run. There were MANY early morning runs where we were up and running by 5am. If you know me you know I am not a morning person so this was a stretch for me. I want to apologize to Adam for being tired and cranky on these days. Sorry:) 


The weather was not ideal. It started out cloudy and humid and about three miles in it started raining. I wasn't sure it could get much worse until it started POURING. Our clothes were soaked. My socks and shoes were drenched. It was not easy to run with heavy, wet shoes. The only good part was that the rain did cool it down. 

Here we are with the finish line in sight. I was so tired of running by this point. I was thrilled to see the end. My legs were hurting, and I still have a side cramp that has not gone away. Was it worth it? Of course! It is a great feeling to know you can accomplish this. 

WE DID IT!!

Since one half marathon in a month is not enough, we will be doing this again in two weeks. Fun times! 


2 comments:

  1. Hey Miranda- That room........is called the last minute, need a room, anything is fine room. Haha! We had made reservations at the Sheraton and they had no record of it and had no rooms. We just took what they had at the Gaylord. It was WAY TOO expensive. I think it was like a conference room. It had a huge table in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. I can only imagine how much that room was. We think the regular rooms are expensive, but we love it there. It's so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...