We went to Disney back in April. I can not believe I am just now getting around to blogging about it. I hope I can touch on every. single. fabulous. detail of the trip. They say Disney is Magical, and they are not kidding. Every time I think about the trip I get a little sad. It's a happy sad, because it was probably one of the bests trips I have ever been on.
It was Ella's first trip to Disney. It was the first time all eight of my family members have been on a trip together. Minus our luggage snafu, I would say it was a perfect trip.
We flew out of Owensboro airport on Friday, April 4th. Adam, Ella, and I rode by ourselves. We left our house at 7am for our 8:50am flight. Our gps ended up taking us way behind the airport on some flooded roads (due to torrential rain from the previous day). I was FREAKING out, because I knew we were running late. We ended up making it to the airport around 8:15/8:20. Unbeknownst to us, Allegiant air closes their luggage counter thirty minutes prior to the flight. We walked in the door, and they said we could get on the flight but our luggage could not. I think I had a panic attack in the middle of the airport lobby. I cried and cried some more. I came to my senses after a few minutes and put some of Ella's clothes in our carry on. After we were told we could have someone come pick up the luggage and have it shipped to us, we quickly made our way through security. Luggage or not, we were getting on that airplane.

The flight went well. It was not only Ella's first trip to Disney, but it was her first flight too. She did great. We made it safely to Orlando and headed to our hotel via a shuttle service. Adam and I discussed argued about our luggage problem the whole way to the hotel (sorry family). He wanted to buy all three of us seven days worth of new clothes, and I wanted to have our suitcases shipped. Adam's dad ended up taking our suitcases to the post office and had them shipped overnight.
This was our first view when we got there. We were all SO excited.
These two were ready to swim as soon as we got in our rooms so that is what we did. We spent our first night swimming and checking out the hotel.
Day 2: Magic Kingdom
We were up bright and early the next day so we could head to Magic Kingdom. This is definitely my favorite Disney park. It was PACKED. We only rode a few rides before we headed back to the hotel to swim.
Minnie and Mickey ears are a must at Disney. Almost everyone has them on. Penny, Autumn, Ella, and myself all had them and wore them with pride.
I dreamed of getting a picture of these two on the tea cups and here it is.
We all rode, "it's a small world" together. This is one of my favorite rides. The best part of riding it this time was looking over and seeing my dad sound asleep. Only he could fall asleep on a ride at Disney. :)
After lunch and a ride on the carousel, we headed back to the hotel to swim. We rode the Disney buses everywhere. I think the buses are another favorite part of Disney.
There was a "pool party" every afternoon with games for the kids to play. Ella participated in the balloon toss. Her and her partner almost won, but she had to quit to take a potty break. I love hanging by the pool in the afternoons. We didn't swim at night, but the pool is always full of kids until LATE into the night. Bedtimes don't apply at Disney.
At around 6pm our luggage arrived. I don't think I have ever been so happy to see my stuff.
That night after dinner we went to the movie under the stars. This night it was "Frozen".
This was definitely one of those magical Disney moments. Just looking at this pictures makes me want to tear up. We sat out on the lawn with popcorn and drinks in hand, under a star filled sky, watching a movie. It was an unforgettable moment. These two girls have no idea how lucky they are to experience this together.
Next up are days three and four!
Oh I love Disney! I think I had more fun there as an adult than I ever did as a kid! I would've been upset about the whole luggage thing too! And yes, Mickey/Minnie ears are a must!
ReplyDelete