Each week seems to be going faster and faster. Last week seems like a blur. I am constantly busy. I feel like I am constantly "on". From the time I get up to the time I go to bed I am moving. Paige wakes me up almost every morning. I change her and feed her. Some days I am lucky to eat breakfast, drink my coffee, and empty the dishwasher before Ella wakes up. Once Ella is up she needs breakfast. By that time, Paige is ready for a nap. Ella and I typically play while she is asleep or I throw in some laundry and make our beds. Sometimes we go run errands. By lunch Paige is back up again. I usually eat lunch as fast as possible. Come to think of it, I eat all of my meals as fast as possible. In the afternoon Paige usually will nap so Ella and I will get to spend a little time together. I might get my workout dvd (21 day fix) in if I'm lucky. Once 5:00 rolls around Paige is usually pretty fussy. I sometimes make dinner before she goes to bed, but it's not a pleasant eating experience. Paige gets a bath around 6:30 and is in bed by 7. Once Paige is in bed I start all over again with Ella. Some nights Adam will play with her and supervise her bath while I go run. Ella is in bed by around 8:30/9. This is when I am finally able to shower, clean, blog, or watch tv. I feel like I don't have a spare moment to myself most days. The only time I do get to myself is if I go run, and as hard as it is to find time to do that I refuse to give it up. Gone are the days that I could leisurely shower and get ready in the morning. I rarely fix my hair or have makeup on during the week. I'm sorry to anyone that sees me out. It's a scary sight. I don't mop or clean as often as I used to even though I try my best to keep up. Adam and I don't have as much time to ourselves as we used to. I definitely have days where I feel completely overwhelmed and guilty that I don't have enough time with Ella. Our life has completely changed. With all of that being said, I of course wouldn't change a thing. Time flies, and I know this craziness is only temporary. I'm sure there will come a day that I will look back at this time in our lives and miss the craziness. So for now, I'll just keep on plugging away.
Here is a glimpse into the past week:)
Ella on the left and Paige on the right. I definitely see a lot of similarities.
Ella and I had some time together so we went to Jason's deli for lunch and went bowling.
The morning after Paige slept all night. It's happened three times now, but it's not consistent. Bummer!
Autumn has been over quite often on Sundays this summer. It is so nice to have her around, because her and Ella keep each other occupied almost all day. They have the best time!

No comments:
Post a Comment