Friday, November 4, 2016

Disney 2016 || Part two

Day 2: Chef Mickey's * Magic Kingdom

We were up at 6am to make it to our 8am reservation at Chef Mickey's. This was probably my favorite part of our trip. It's so fun just to sit and have the characters come around to you. The food was SO good, even though I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked. I was trying to help Paige and take pictures. The few bites I did get were really good, and it was the best coffee we had all week. We will definitely go back on our next trip to Disney. 
Paige was eating bacon and just waiting for Mickey to come over to see her. She loved the characters so much. 


They loved her as well. 

Ella loved our breakfast. She was not interested in the food at all, just the characters. Ella informed us that Disney is NOT for eating. She quickly learned that she needed to eat if she was going to have any energy for the parks. 




After breakfast we walked over to Magic Kingdom. We figured out on this trip how much more convenient it would be to stay closer to the front of Disney World. It was so nice to be able to walk from the contemporary resort to Magic Kingdom. It would have been so much easier with a toddler. Next time we will plan better! 

Ella was so happy our entire trip. She was skipping to Magic Kingdom. I'm glad she was able to ignore the many fits and meltdowns her sister had and still have a good time. :)  

We got to Magic Kingdom at the perfect time. There were not long lines for rides so we took advantage of that, because it quickly got crowded. 


Paige LOVED it's a small world. I love that ride as well. When I think of Disney I think of this ride. 



We had a fast pass for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at 10:00am. Ella and I were so excited to ride it together only to find out we were 12 hours early for our fast pass. I don't know how many times I looked at this and did not notice it was for 10:00pm. Adam and Ella waited an hour and a half to ride this, and they got me a rider switch to use the next day. This was one of Ella's favorite rides. 






The park started to get really crowded around noon so we headed back for Paige's nap. She took a three hour nap that day, and she needed it. 

I was able to sneak out and go to the pool with Ella. The water was still too cold, but she had to try to get in. I sat by the pool and drank way too much coffee. That's my idea of a good afternoon. 


Once Paige woke up I took her down to the splash pad while Adam took Ella to Disney Springs. She had to go to the lego store. 
Not only did she get legos, but she also got a giant stitch! 
This is why you never send Ella and Adam shopping alone. We had to ship that thing home!


Paige loved being able to run around. She loved the other kids and made a couple of friends. 








We stayed until dinnertime in hopes of wearing Paige out. Our trip was definitely a lot slower paced this time around. I would have loved to have gone to some of the parks at night,but it just wasn't in the cards for us this trip. I know there will come a day when we can go back and make the most out of Disney. We had to do what was best for her and taking it slow is what was best. 

Stay tuned for Animal Kingdom and Mickey's Halloween Party...










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...