Thursday, March 29, 2018

Destin Vacation- Part one

We are just coming off of a great vacation to Destin, FL. This was definitely one of the better vacations we have had in a long time. I feel like we are getting to a place in our life where it's getting easier. We have been to there once and started all over again. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel though. 

I love vacation due to the fact that I don't have to cook, clean, help with homework, or even drive if I don't want to. This vacation was very laid back. We had no set plans which was a nice change of pace. Our biggest decision of the day was where we were going to eat dinner or if we were going to go to the pool or the beach. If life could always just be that easy. 

We left super early on Saturday morning.


 We encountered a lot of traffic throughout the day. I guess everyone had to the same idea to head south for spring break. Luckily, it was a pretty uneventful car ride. Ella and Paige both did really good. We got kind of desperate toward the end. Since it was so nice out we rolled down the windows and enjoyed some fresh air. 




After twelve LONG hours in the car we finally made it. We dropped off our stuff, ordered pizza, and headed straight for the beach. 

It's always so exciting seeing the ocean again for the first time. Paige had seen it before but definitely didn't remember so she was really experiencing it for the first time. 

















We headed to bed after we ate since it had been such a long day. We had a two bedroom condo so Paige and I were in one room together. I was unsure of how she would do, but she was asking to go to bed. She slept great all week, except the first night she woke up asking to go to the pool at 1am. Other then that, she slept all night. 

On Sunday we had big plans to go to the Gulfarium. I made a reservation for Ella to do a dolphin splash encounter. The minimum age is nine so she was finally able to participate. She was so excited. 
Paige and I hit the beach and the baby pool early that morning before we got ready to go.


Paige loved the baby pool! She was quite the little dare devil jumping in. :) 





Vacation mode...

We headed to the Gulfarium to catch the dolphin show before Ella's encounter. Ella is an old pro there. She has been many times. Even though it's small, I feel like we do something new each time. 





Paige loved the turtles. 






Ella got suited up and was ready to go. It was a great experience for her and so great to see her have so much fun. 

Ella has loved dolphins since she was two or three. I tell her every time we go to Florida she would be a great dolphin trainer. She has a gentle spirit about her and loves animals. 






Ella said she will never forget this day as long as she lives. 

After the Gulfarium we went to The Back Porch for lunch. I love eating and looking at the ocean. 
Paige found a stray cat (that lives at the back porch) to pet on the way out. 

 That afternoon we hit the beach again. I don't think I have ever spent so much time at the beach on any Florida trip. Paige is definitely my beach lover. 














Adam wanted to bury Paige in the sand, but she wasn't going for it. Smart girl!


Paige's favorite part of the beach was getting clean afterwards. "Let me do it" is what we would hear if we tried to take that hose from her. She even had to clean our feet for us. Such a little boss!

One of the reasons I picked our condo was because a golf cart was included. We stay at the Sandestin beach resort which is connected to Baytown Wharf and the Grand Boulevard. There are tons of restaurants to choose from and also shopping so we barely had to drive our car all week. It was so fun to hop on the golf cart and head to dinner. We were also able to drive it to the grocery store. It got lots of use this week and was one of the best parts of our trip. 

On Monday Paige and I went to the outlets because it was a cloudy, chilly morning. They were PACKED. Everyone had the same idea. I went in one store, and then let her go in the Disney Store. She threw the biggest fit ever on the way out (I still don't know why), and we had to leave. This continued on the ride home and in the parking garage. Vacation isn't always easy. ;) 

Once she calmed down we went to the pool and beach, and that seemed to cheer her up. 

We watched Ella do handstands and swim. The pool was heated which was another reason I love this resort. It felt like bath water. 













For dinner that night we went over to Baytown Wharf. We went out to see the boats before we ate. 





We ate at a really good pizza restaurant. We had a lot of good food while we were there. I tried my best to be good, but my diet was a little off. 

After dinner Paige rode the carousel, and Adam and Ella got in line (a LONG line) to do the trampoline. While they waited Paige and I also fed the fish, did some shopping, and got some ice cream. 

Paige wanted to ride the race car on the carousel. It reminded me of when Ella rode it about six years ago. 
Here is Paige...

And Ella in 2012


Vacation life was very good to her.

Stay tuned for Part two of our vacation....

















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...