On Tuesday morning we decided to try the outlet mall again and go to lunch. Adam took Ella in the Disney store while I went in Kate Spade with Paige. I was able to get what I wanted in there and headed to another store. Unfortunately, Paige started crying AGAIN. Ella and Adam got her a surprise at the Disney store, and I think Paige was mad she didn't get to pick it out herself. She has to do everything herself. It got pretty ugly so we headed straight to the car. I'm sure everyone was gawking at me lugging a flailing, screaming child. Two year old meltdowns are not for the faint of heart.
With a screaming child in tow we decided to do an early lunch at Lulu's in Destin. A friend told me she loved this place and so did we. Any restaurant that has tables right by the sand with sand toys and a fountain kids can play in is good for me.
Paige quickly got over fit once she started playing.
Margaritas help any situation!
Paige got her pants wet of course playing in all this water and tried to take them off. She can't handle any drop of water on her pants. I find her running around in her diaper often, but I didn't think a restaurant was the appropriate place for that.
Once we got back to the condo it was time to head to the pool and the beach!
Even though the pool was heated we were a little chilly after our swim so we went up and changed into actual clothes to wear to the beach.
The view from our bedroom window.
Paige loved watching the airplanes go by...
The Sandestin Beach resort is SO pretty.
That night we drove the golf cart over to Grimaldi's pizza. Adam was the entertainment for the evening. He is definitely good for that.:)
Paige loved resting in her spot before bed. She was such a good little sleeper on this trip.
On our last day we headed to the beach bright and early, and then made our third and final trip to the outlet mall. I had one last store to go in before I could go home. The third time was a charm, because we made it out of there with no fits.
It's hard not to love the beach!
I waited until the last night to try to get some beach pictures. I brought my tripod along in hopes of getting just one family picture.
It's so nice having a nine year old that can take our picture for us now. She is a pretty good photographer.
Shortly after this was taken Paige did a nose dive into the water and was soaked from head to toe. She had sand in every crevice of her body. I knew then that it was time for us to go home. Lol!
After cleaning up Paige I decided to just try for a picture on the balcony. It was a small miracle that all of us were smiling. The lighting isn't perfect, but I still love this picture.
One last dinner at Cantina Laredo before packing up and heading home.
I am so thankful for this vacation. A break from school, work, and all my household duties was so refreshing! We had plenty of good weather, good food, and a good time together. You can't ask for much more then that!
























No comments:
Post a Comment