Monday, June 4, 2018

Colorado- Day 3 - Leadville Colorado Southern Railroad

If you were wondering how we chose Colorado as a vacation spot I will tell you that I did not come up with this idea on my own. A blogger that I have followed for years went there the past two summers. She raved about Vail, and the activities they did looked so fun. After reading her post (gotta love the blogging world) I decided we must go so I suggested it to Adam. We stayed at the exact house they did, and did some of the same activities. One of those activities was a train ride on the Leadville Colorado Southern Railroad. 

Leadville, Colorado is about 45 minutes from Vail. Talk about a small town! I think I heard only 5,000 people live there. 

Small town Colorado



The train took us up a mountain, and then back down. We were able to get off for a bit once we reached the top. The views were so pretty, but it was CHILLY that day. 

Another one of my proud parenting moments right here. I let her color her hands while we waited for the train ride to start. 

 Traveling with Ella is like traveling with another adult. She is so good and willing to do most things. She has come a long way over the years when it comes to travel. It's hard at time with Paige, but I know it will get easier in the years to come. 



They served hot dogs and popcorn on the train along with a few other snacks. The popcorn kept Paige occupied for awhile, thank goodness. It was not easy to keep a three-year-old occupied on a train for almost three and half hours. 

Colorado is so pretty. It's definitely like nothing I have ever seen before and worth the trip. 








Ella and Paige both got slap happy on the way back down. There was lots of laughing and goofing off going on. 




 Overall it was a great experience, and I would highly recommend it. Stay tuned for day four and our open-air jeep ride!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...