Ella just finished up her third-grade year. At the beginning of the school year it felt like it would never end, and by the end of the school year, I always wonder where the time went.
Ella had a rough start to the school year but definitely ended with a bang. The transition to the new campus was not an easy one for her. Everything about third grade was new. A new school building, new kids, and new teacher. It took her a few weeks, but she adjusted. She made new friends but still kept the old. She, unfortunately, had to deal with some girl drama, but still managed to be nice and a good friend to both girls.
Overall, I think she did great.
I also learned a lot in third grade. I learned that "this too shall pass." The beginning of the school year was also hard for me as well. It's not easy seeing your child cry on the way to school every day begging to be homeschooled so she can stay home. I have a very difficult time seeing Ella or Paige so unhappy.
I also learned that you can't sweat the small things, and you just have to let some things go.
I hope I can carry these lessons with me once Paige starts school, because I am sure we will have some hard times again.
I am so proud of my FOURTH GRADER. We are definitely going to soak up every part of summer before the new school year starts again. Here's to sleeping in and no homework!!



No comments:
Post a Comment