Our sweet Paige started preschool back in August. I can not believe the time finally rolled around. When she was born it felt like an eternity until the time she would start preschool, but here we are. Time is not slowing down.
Paige's first day of school was just orientation. Parents were able to stay and play with them which was nice. Paige was so excited to see what her school was all about. I knew she would probably have a small adjustment, but she was more than ready for preschool.
She became fast friends with Parker on that day. They bonded over the play kitchen and have been friends ever since. :)
Wednesday, August 28th, was Paige's first day of school. Although she was excited to go, she was still a little nervous. She thought she might "hiccup" on the way, but she did not. Once she saw her teacher, she took off and didn't look back. It was very undramatic and has been each day since. She is such a brave girl.
Where did the time go? I honestly have no idea. Some days I seriously thought I would not make it to the next. Some days were LONG, tedious, and tiring. Some days I wondered if I would ever get a spare minute to myself again. I'm thankful for those days though, because once they start school life is never the same.
Leader Day
A few weeks after school started Paige had her first leader day. I was able to join her for the day, we brought snack, and show and tell items. Paige also was able to be the line leader. It was such a big day for her, and she was so excited!
She also got to hold the pointer.
It was so fun to see who she was friends with and how she acted in a classroom setting.
Eating up the fact that she was leader for the day!
She brought a rock from Lake Michigan, a picture of her and Ella, and a baby doll for show and tell. She did a good job of explaining her items and showing her friends what she brought.
Outside time was her favorite time of the day. She loved chasing everyone around (and being chased). She was in her prime out on the playground.
We ended the day playing in the big room. It was such a fun leader day and nice to see how well Paige was adjusted to preschool.
Fast forward to the week after leader day, and things went downhill a bit. Paige was not being a good listener, doing her paperwork, or participating in centers. I think she was rebelling, because she wanted to be in control. She had to sit in the "self -control chair" a few times, and her teachers also started a sticker chart for her. It only took a few times, but she finally started behaving again. Thank goodness!
Overall, it's been the best start to preschool. She willingly goes and is happy while she is there. I can't ask for much more than that!


No comments:
Post a Comment