There is something about Amish Country that I find fascinating. Each spring, for the past few years we have gone to the amish greenhouse to buy flowers, and I always enjoy the trip. I love seeing the Amish women out mowing the lawn, their laundry hanging on the lines, and the horse and buggies rolling down the road. I admire the fact that Amish can survive without electricity, phones, the internet, and cars. I'm sure that list could go on. Although I love all "the fluff" that life has to offer, I definitely can appreciate how simple their life is.
Shortly after our spring trip, I saw on Facebook an advertisement for dinner at an Amish home. I knew we had to do this so I texted my mom and got her on board as well. Luckily it worked out that the whole family could go. Once the day came we worried all day about the weather. Most of the activities were outside so the rain was not an option! It POURED almost the entire way to their house, and shortly before we got there it stopped.
We ate dinner at The Yoder's home. Sharon and her husband were the nicest people. We also met their son, daughter in law, and grandsons. They made a delicious meal complete with cinnamon rolls. I could have only eaten the cinnamon rolls and been happy.
After dinner we were taken on buggy rides and a barrel ride. It was so much fun. We did ride after ride in the barrels. The kids (and the big kids) loved it. They took us down the road and around some of the other homes. We even got to see a baby pony that had recently been born. They also had a fire going that we sat around to drink coffee and chit chat with them. They were the nicest, most hospitable people. It was a great night. One that will be not forgotten anytime soon.
Paige on the barrel ride. She loved it!
Their garden was nothing short of impressive.














No comments:
Post a Comment