Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Fourth of July 2020





Fourth of July is my favorite holiday of the year. I love it all: the food, fireworks, parade, and swimming. It's all my favorite! 
This year we even had a special treat in the morning. Kona Ice drove through the neighborhood so we had shaved ice while we were watching the morning parade. 

Nothing like getting sugared up at 9am in the morning!

We love getting decked out for the 4th! 

The parade starts at the other side of the neighborhood so we have to wait a bit for it to come by our house. It was HOT which was good for swimming but not good for parade watching.Adam put up our canopy so we could have some shade.  

I bought Paige some noise cancelling headphones for the parade and fireworks. Last year, she didnt make it through either. She cannot handle loud noises so I hoped these would be helpful. They did the trick. She didn't mind the firetrucks or fireworks this year. 


After the parade we swam and grilled out. It was a great day for swimming since it was so hot. I am so glad the weather cooperated with our plans. You just never know. 


Once everyone left we regrouped and got ready for round 2 at my parent's house. It's always a long day but so much fun. 

We love the fourth! 

Fireworks ready!!

We all got a big kick out of my dad with his grabber stick. He lit a firework, grabbed it, and held it in the air. Imagine me laughing hysterically, because I was. I appreciate the stupidity that fourth of July brings out of the Pennells on the fourth. Lol! 

Since there were no fireworks at the river this year (due to COVID) most everyone was at home doing fireworks. There were so many fireworks being lit off all around the city, and that's about all you could hear. It was something! 

It was nice that Paige (and Mammy) could actually watch the fireworks this year and enjoy it. 

Autumn is a true Pennell. She helped light off everything with Terry and dad. 



It was truly a great fourth of July. Looking back, I'm sad it's over. It was an other great fourth spent with the family! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...