Friday, July 16, 2021

Isle of Palms ~ Charleston family vacation part 2

Adam and I took Paige to the Charleston Aquarium. It was a small, very nice aquarium. Paige really enjoyed herself. 

My girl and I. She can drive me crazy, but I love her so! 


We went to every exhibit that the aquarium had. Paige doesn't want to miss out on anything. 

She was so proud of herself for sticking her hand in the water and touching the star fish. That was a first for her. She is usually too scared. 

Trying out the hurricane machine...

A quick picture by the water before we melted in the sun. ;) 

That night we went to a ghost walk with Terry, Penny, and Autumn. It was really neat to hear stories and learn some history of Charleston. Ella wanted to do this and really enjoyed it. 

Although the ghost walk was neat, I enjoyed people watching and seeing the buildings and restaurants we walked past the most. Charleston is a beautiful town with a ton of history. 


I loved this hotel. It is so beautiful on the outside. Someday it would be neat to go back and stay in a hotel in the heart of Charleston. 


We were able to go into an old cemetery. We heard many stories about ghosts. I'm not sure I believe them, but it was fun to hear. 

The following day Adam and I were able to go out by ourselves for a bit. We went to the City Market, Rainbow Row and The Battery. This was everything I wanted to do a few days before but my lovely children could not handle. 



I'm not even lying when I say it was HOT and HUMID. I have never experienced heat like that before. I was still determined to make the best of it and see what I came to see. 

MELTING in this picture! Thankful that Adam is a trooper and goes along with whatever even though I know he was miserable. 


These are houses close to Battery. They were beautiful! 


We couldn't take anymore after this picture so we headed back after this. I was so happy to check everything off my list. 


Paige looks like she's ready to take on the world in this picture, and she probably is! 

My mom in her element making spaghetti sauce for that evening. I didn't cook all week, and it was wonderful! It's great traveling with people who enjoy cooking. 

Before we knew it, it was our last day. Wahhh!!! I seriously wanted to cry. That's when you know its a was a great trip. 

We had a beach day for our last day, and it was a beautiful day. We played in the water, looked for shells, and had a great day. 



Paige ended up finding the biggest shell that week. That was the kind of shell I had been looking for but couldn't find one. She looked down in the water and pulled it out. I was shocked when she picked it up. We have never found a shell that big in all the years of going to the beach. 


It was so fun to have both my parents at the beach with us. I'm always thankful for time spent with them. 

After an entire week together, we still liked each other enough to get a picture together. :)  We seriously had the best week. It was so fun to always have someone to talk to. We went our separate ways a lot that week, but it was fun to get back and hear what each other did. Our lives our busy at home so it was nice to slow down and hang out that week. I'm thankful for that time together each trip we take with all of us.  

We took a few more pictures on the roof top deck. The sky was so pretty that night. 

The OG's! 

Thanks Mammy and Peep for another great trip! You know it's great when you get home and are still talking about it and sad that it's over a week later. It was great, and I'll never forget it. Where to next?! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...