Before I knew it the longest summer ever was over, and it was time to go back to school! I had thought about this particular school year for years since I would officially have two kids in school. Paige started kindergarten and Ella would be in seventh grade. I remember thinking about this school year when Paige was a baby. It was crazy to think about Ella being in seventh grade. I found out I was pregnant with Paige when Ella was in kindergarten. Thinking of her as a seventh grader was something I couldn't even fathom, but here we are.
The weekend before school started Paige lost her first tooth. She had Adam pull it and was thrilled beyond words to lose her first tooth. She has since lost a second one and pulled that one out herself.
Ella's kindergarten teacher gave this bib to me as a gift when I was pregnant with Paige. Little did I know that teacher would eventually be Paige's kindergarten teacher as well. I remember taking this picture like it was yesterday. The years really do fly by although in the moment it doesn't feel that way.
ECS opened their new elementary school this year which is so nice. We went back and forth all summer on where to send Paige, and I am so happy we decided to send her to ECS.
Back to school night finally rolled around, and we are always anxious to see what teacher/homeroom they have. Luckily, they both have great homeroom teachers, and Ella has a friend in her class.
I have never seen anyone as excited to start kindergarten as Paige was. She went in like she owned the place, wanted to tour the whole school, and even meet the principal. She was ready!
Paige was so excited to see her classroom and meet her teachers. Adam went with Ella to the middle school, and Ella seemed happy to be back to school as well.
The morning of the first day Ella was not having pictures, but she was raring to go. Paige was excited but nervous. When she gets nervous she tends to throw up which she did in the car. Once that passes she is usually fine. We were unfortunately late on the first day of school due to the traffic which made the morning pretty stressful.
I took this on the second day of school. Paige was happy to go back and didn't throw up on the second day. She adjusted very quickly. Ella got right back into the routine quickly too which was nice.
First week of school success!










No comments:
Post a Comment