Christmas finally rolled around, and we were all well. It was a miracle! My taste and smell were also back just in time for all the Christmas Eve goodness!
I made the family take a quick picture before we headed out. Our picture looked a little different this year. Although Brody was still here, we were missing Elliott.
Christmas started at Mammy and Peep's house on Christmas Eve. I have celebrated Christmas Eve in this living room for almost 40 years. It's fun to carry on the tradition with my own kids. Ella and Paige are always so excited at my mom and dad's house. My parents both put in a lot of work to make Christmas great for everyone.
Jr. was completely unbothered by all of the Christmas chaos!
My new favorite coffee mug. Everyone needs a little Rip in their life. :)
After we opened gifts we enjoyed all of the good food! Christmas Eve meal is my favorite of the entire year. My mom makes little smokies and meatballs, artichoke dip, tortilla roll ups, cheese potatoes, veggies and dips, subway sandwiches. My mouth is watering just typing this. It's so good, and I'm thankful my taste and smell were back for the occasion.
Christmas Eve night Paige had to try out all of her new toys so we made pretzels with her Easy Bake Oven. They turned out pretty good.
Every Christmas Eve since Ella was old enough we have watched "A Christmas Story". It's a yearly tradition that Ella and I both look forward to. No matter how many times we have seen it, it never gets old.
Santa came!! Santa decided to do things a little different this year. He didn't put anything together until after Christmas to cut down on some stress and to get a little bit more sleep. It worked out great. This was the first Christmas in years I didn't feel like I was going to fall over from exhaustion.
This is the calm before the storm. Everything is so neat and looks so nice, and it's opened within minutes.
They love waking up on Christmas and coming down to look at everything. They both love opening their stocking first, and they gifts are second.
The aftermath...
We headed to Maw's house for Christmas Day Lunch. It was almost 70 degrees on Christmas Day. We were able to be outside almost all day.
Rylee loved her Mickey Mouse purse we got her. She carried it around all day. She also loved riding this four wheeler for the first time. It's crazy that Paige is almost too big to ride it.
Adam and I have spent eighteen Christmases together. I still remember our first Christmas together, I drove to his mom's house on Christmas Day morning at 7am to spend Christmas with them. Adam was sick and spent most of the day in the basement.
It was a great Christmas! I'm thankful we were all well and able to spend time together this year. I'm always sad to see the Christmas season end, but thankful for a great Christmas season.

No comments:
Post a Comment