Friday, April 2, 2010

"The Warehouse"

Almost two years ago Adam decided to start selling used books online. I seriously thought this was the craziest idea I had ever heard. This all started because he sold a few books he had laying around the house on Amazon. He had been wanting to do something where he could work for himself, but I never thought it would be selling used books. The first HUGE load of books he bought was from the Evansville Library. I think it was around 10,000 books. I was of course freaking out wondering where he was going to keep all these books and also find the time to go through all of them.

Luckily the books ended up in what is now known as "the warehouse." It's just a one room house behind what used to be his grandma's house. He started out with bookshelves made out of cinder blocks and pieces of wood on one side of the room. His business slowly started to grow, and the books eventually took over the whole room, the garage, and the garage at his grandma's old house. His packing room is now in the third bedroom of our house, and he even bought my grandpa's truck so he can have something to pick up loads of books.

This business consumes a lot of Adam's time, but it is something he loves to do. I eat my words everyday, because I never thought this business would actually allow me to quit work so I could stay at home with Ella. I guess I should be thanking Adam for having such crazy ideas:)

Books, books, and more books!

The forklift
BIG boxes of books!! (this is what the forklift is for)
The old barn where the horse and donkey live right beside the warehouse
Ella loves going to visit the donkey!

Pretty girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...