I haven't had much time to update things on here lately. It's for a good reason though. My life has completely been consumed with potty training Ella.
It has not been easy. We started Saturday morning. I mentally prepared myself all last week, because I knew what was ahead of me. Friday night I packed up all of her diapers and put her to bed with my fingers crossed!
Saturday morning started off with a huge fit, because she wanted to wear a diaper. I finally was able to get panties on her, and she calmed down. She did not want to sit on the potty. She would arch her back if I tried to put her on it. Saturday and Sunday were challenging. We stayed home all day Saturday, and Ella had accidents all day. Sunday we went over to my mom and dad's for dinner, and she had accidents all day Sunday. I felt like a broken record, because all I was asking her was, "do you have to go potty?" Monday, Ella finally went pee on the potty one time. Tuesday she went one more time. Today has been really good. Ella has had a few accidents, but she went pee on the potty six times! She gets a kick out of how excited I get when she pees. I think it's a thrill that is going to last for awhile. She has been in diapers for almost three years so for her to actually be going on the potty is so exciting to me. I know this is only the beginning of potty training, but I'm glad our diaper days are behind us!


No comments:
Post a Comment