Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


Today is my least favorite holiday of the whole year. I have never been a fan of valentine's day and probably never will be. I can't really pin point my exact reason for disliking it so much, but I do! I was at Schnuck's yesterday doing some grocery shopping and noticed a dozen roses was $30. They are usually around $10. How ridiculous is that!? Adam and I don't even really acknowledge Valentine's day.  He did give me a combined anniversary/valentine's gift this year which was very nice. 

We were supposed to get snow last night, but low and behold mother nature did not cooperate. I wanted one good snow this winter, but it's not looking promising.  There was a little snow on the ground this morning so Ella and I went out to play in it for a little bit. I wanted to try to get one good picture of her to commemorate her third Valentine's Day, but she was not having it. This is the only picture she would allow me to take. Lol:) 


I tried something new with Ella today. When I used to work at the daycare in college the kids played with shaving cream all the time and loved it. It was not my favorite thing to do (it was so messy), but it was fun to watch the kids lather themselves in it. I bought some at the store yesterday just in case we were stuck in the house today. It kept Ella occupied for about 10-15 minutes. She isn't a fan of getting really messy. I can't say I blame her. 




Tonight Adam and I waited until Ella went to bed to eat dinner so we could have a quiet dinner for Valentine's Day. Our dinners are anything but quiet anymore. Every time I sit down to get ready to take my first bite Ella tells me she has to pee. It never fails! We just wanted to sit and enjoy our food, and that is what we did. 





I made baked ziti, salad,  and red velvet crinkle cookies. It was really yummy. The cookies are so addicting I am thinking about throwing them out just so I don't eat anymore. I wish I didn't love food as much as I do! 

We had a nice, quiet Valentine's Day. Even though I dislike Valentine's Day I'm glad I have Adam, Ella, and the boys to share it with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...