Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekend fun

I can describe this weekend in one word....COLD! It was freezing. I was dumb enough to sign up for a 5K in the winter. I hoped and prayed that the weather would stay mild, but mother nature did not cooperate. 

Saturday morning when I woke up it was 19 degrees and windy. I decided to suck it up and get the run over with. I honestly thought it wouldn't be that bad. The run was out at the USI campus. Besides the cold, it was fun to be back on campus. I miss USI so much so I did a little reminiscing as I was running. 

I have to admit I did think about quitting about two minutes into the run. I don't think I have ever been so cold in all my life. My face was numb, and my nose was running like a faucet. It was not pretty. I even had to stop for a little bit, because it was hard to breath. Towards the middle I started to thaw out, and it got a little easier. Needless to say I won't be doing anymore winter runs! 

Adam's picture taking skills were not at their best this weekend due to the fact his fingers were probably frozen. Most of my pictures were out of focus. I'll let it slide this time Adam! :) 

 Two crazy runners!! 
I am so proud of the fact I have improved my time by four minutes since my first 5K! 


Saturday night I offered to watch Autumn so the girls could play together, and Penny could have some time alone. Now that the girls are getting older it's much easier to watch them both by myself. They have the best time together. There was lots of laughing and screaming. I have a feeling we will be doing this a lot more in the future!











No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...