Another week has went by, and I didn't blog at all. I think it has something to do with the fact that Ella is down to one nap a week now. I used to have so much more time one my hands, and now I'm entertaining her all day long. Maybe I'll start getting up early so I have a little more time to myself so I can do things like keep up with my blog!
Saturday morning I woke up to a sick Elliott. When I opened the laundry room door the smell about knocked me down. He had went #2 all over Brody's blankets. Poor Brody. Elliott's bed was nice and clean. It is not like him to do this so I called the vet. They told me to give him immodium, and put him on a bland diet. She told me to make sure he didn't have blood in his stool. Of course, 45 minutes before closing time I noticed some blood in his stool. I rushed him in there, and he was seen right before closing. She couldn't find anything seriously wrong with him. She thinks he just ate something that didn't agree with him. He was such a trooper after being poked with a few needles and ate up the attention. I felt so bad for him. He looked pitiful!
Poor little guy fell asleep sitting up on the way home!
Saturday afternoon we headed to Winslow to check out my father in law's "chicken condo." I'll get to that in a minute. We stopped by maw and papaw's house first for a visit and to eat dinner. While Adam and I were out taking the four wheeler for a ride Ella got a ride on the backhoe.
She also got to ride the four wheeler with daddy!
After we ate we headed to Poppy and Nana's house for a visit. Ella was anxious to check out the "chicken condo." She also had to see the goats and ride one of their ponies. She has to cover all her bases everywhere we go.
This is the chicken condo! :) My father in law is so resourceful! They have way too many chickens and not enough room for them. He turned this old camper into a home for the chickens. It's split into two sections. One side for the girls and one side for the boys. Notice in the first picture there is a chicken sticking it's head out of the bottom side of the camper, I mean condo! :) haha
This just makes me laugh!!
After we checked out the chickens Ella wanted to ride a horse.
Before we left Ella wanted to see Nana milk a goat. It of course held her attention for two seconds, but I thought it was really neat. I have never milked anything so I had to give it a whirl. It took me a little bit, but I got the hang of it.
Sunday Ella and I went to a cookout at my brother and sister in law's new house. I unfortunately didn't take any pictures. I was too busy chasing Ella around. We had a really fun time, and the food was great. My brother and a friend stayed up most of the night, and smoked pork. It was so good!
Monday we stayed home most of the day. We did make a quick trip out to the "warehouse" with Adam, and then we ate lunch at McDonalds.
Ella FINALLY got to sit in the combine out at the warehouse. She was thrilled, so thrilled she went #2 while she was in it. :)
There are also chickens out there now. Ella said, "Look, there's another chicken condo!" haha
I can't get enough of her cuteness!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment