Our new Tuesday routine is to get together with my friend Joan and her kids. Ella has really enjoyed getting to know them over the past few weeks, and I think it's been good for her. Yesterday, Joan suggested we go to Scales Lake and swim. I thought it sounded fun even though I feared Ella may not enjoy herself. She seems to be scared of big bodies of water.
We met them at the petting zoo. Joan was running a little behind so Ella and I walked around and visited with the animals. I can not get over how friendly some of them are. The goats and donkey's just run wild. The goats are by far my favorite. They run around like crazy. They swarmed my car when I was getting in, and I was afraid they were going to try to jump in. Both times we have went to the petting zoo Ella always says, "It's just like poppy's house." haha.
My new favorite pictures of her!
After we ate lunch we hit the beach! Ella did surprisingly well in the sand and the water. She hesitated for a little bit, and I set her down. She freaked out for a minute, but she decided she liked it. I brought sand toys along, and the kids had a good time playing with those. Ella also loved the slide in the water. I have to hand it to Joan. I can't imagine bringing three kids ages 4, 2, and 4 months to a lake to swim. She definitely had her hands full, but she does a great job with them. It gives me hope that maybe some day I can have another. That's a big MAYBE so no one get their hopes us.
Rose loved the water. She didn't want to leave when it was time to go home!
After we finished swimming I had to take Ella to the "potty by the playground." She refused to go in the bathroom by the lake, because the potty had a black seat. We can only use white potties. lol She of course had to play on the playground for awhile before heading home. It was such a fun day. I am so glad Joan introduced us to Scales Lake!
These pictures are from last night. Ella was wound up, and smiling for almost every picture. I obviously took advantage of that!































No comments:
Post a Comment