Thursday, September 20, 2012

We are still around...

I don't know why, but this has been a crazy week. I have been really stressed out and feel like I am barely keeping my head above water. Adam has been working a lot of over time lately so I have been on my own with Ella and trying to take care of everything else with her running around like a crazy person. This week is coming to an end though and things are about to slow down for a little bit! 

 Ella actually made it to both days of preschool this week. She did really well. She didn't cry either day and was happy to go. I really enjoy hearing her stories when she comes home. I think she is really fond of her friend Nick. Every time I ask her who she played with her answer is, "Nick." Today she told me he played with the Thomas toy she brought with her. I find it so funny that one of her first friends in preschool is a boy. I didn't expect it, but I think it's so cute. I think preschool has been really good for Ella so far. She seems to be coming out of her shell and opening up a little more. I still can not believe how far she has come in the past year and how much she has changed.  Last year at the time Ella was still in diapers and now she is fully potty trained. It blows my mind how much can change in a year. 


Ella threw probably the worst fit she has ever thrown to date the other day. She has been truly testing my patience lately.  The fit started in Target. I told her she could get one Thomas DVD. After picking out a DVD she found a Thomas book she wanted instead. There is no way I was going to pay $20 for a book so I told her to put it back. She wouldn't put it back so I put it back for her, and she threw herself on the ground. Once that happened I told her she wasn't getting anything and headed to the checkout. The fit continued while we were checking out. She kept staying, "I don't want a DVD." I think the fit was bothering the cashier, but I didn't care. Ella changed her tune when she realized we were heading out the door without a DVD, and then she wanted one. I was not giving in, and then that really set her off. She screamed all the way home and probably for a good half hour when we got home. It was not fun, but she has to learn she can't get everything she wants in life. 

Yesterday we went to the park while we were waiting for the dogs at the groomer. It was such a nice day. We met my friend Joan and her boys there since they live right down the road. I love hanging out with her and listening to her talk about her kids. Her two year old threw a D battery at her head the other day. Not funny to her, but I couldn't help but laugh. While our kids play we exchange stories about the fits they have thrown that week. It makes me feel like I am not alone. :) 




"The days are long, but the years are short." 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...