I have been a terrible blogger lately. I'm afraid it may only get worse when May rolls around. I hope I have time to do updates and blog as much as I did when Ella was little. We will see!
My pregnancy has been going really well. I don't think I have talked about it since December. After seeing a soft marker for downs during my 20 week ultrasound, I decided to have a quad screening done. Luckily, it came back negative which was such a relief. I'm just trying to take this pregnancy in stride. This will definitely be my last pregnancy so I'm just trying to enjoy it while I can. This picture below is months four, five, and six (left to right).
I'm feeling pretty good these days. I was dreaming quite a bit and waking up 5-10 times per night which was getting really annoying. That has thankfully ended, and I am enjoying sleep while I can. I usually go to bed around 8:30/9. I'm guessing those days will be ending soon.
I have been working really hard trying to get our house the way I want it before May rolls around. I have almost painted our entire downstairs, and I plan to move upstairs soon (I think). Our upstairs is around 700 sqft. so it's not going to be an easy task. I know I can do it though. I'm giving myself until 8 months pregnant, and then I'm going to quit doing my house projects.
We have a name picked out for our little lady. We are naming her Paige Leigh. We have had the named Paige picked out since I first found out I was pregnant so as soon as we found out the gender we knew that was going to be her name. I just love it!
This past Tuesday we purchased our first minivan. It's a Toyota Sienna SE.
I said I would never be a minivan mommy, and I am eating my words. I really appreciate all the room it has. It will be so much easier to get two kids in and out of this compared to my other car. Ella loves it so much she named "her" "Beauty". Ella loves to sit in the very back.
We are going to Florida in March, and we can't wait to test it out on a long drive. My car was not the best at road trips. Yesterday, Adam drove my car (which will be his car) to Terre Haute for the first time. Keep in mind for the past six years my car has never failed me. It has always started and gotten me where I needed to go. Adam got right outside of Vincennes and had to pull over due to car problems. Once he turned it off it would not turn back on. He had to have it towed to the Nissan dealer in Vincennes, and that's where it is right now. Poor Adam.
Ella is continuing to grow and prosper in Kindergarten. They celebrated the "100th day" of school a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe her first year of school will be over in three months. In some ways it has flown by, and in other ways it has not. She was having some trouble speaking in class. Her teacher and I discussed it, and after a few weeks of a reward system she is no longer having problems. It has just become her routine now so we no longer have to reward her for speaking in class. Sounds simple to most, but Ella is not a fan of speaking in front of people. I can't blame her! She will probably always be a little bit quiet, but she has definitely come a long way. I am so proud of her. She is growing and learning and seems to love school.
.jpg)
Ella is also still doing swim lessons. She was terrified to go under water, but she has recently conquered her fear. I'm amazed at the progress she makes each week. She can jump in the water and go completely under. She can float on her back by herself. She can pick up rings at the bottom of the pool on her own. It's amazing how far she has come!
We have been busy lately, but I know our life is not going to slow down anytime soon. We are just trying to enjoy each day as a family of three until Paige comes and rocks our world. It will definitely be a change, but it will be a change I know we can handle.
No comments:
Post a Comment