Paige turned 9 months old today. I can not believe in three short months she will be a year old. Where did the time go!?
I know I say this every month, but she is such a JOY. I often wonder what we ever did without her. She is almost always happy and always smiling. It's hard to have a bad day when you look at that face. She has truly been a blessing to us.
What's new....
- Paige is on the move!
- Paige can scoot almost anywhere she wants to go on her stomach.
- She just started crawling this morning. She isn't very fast yet, but it's only a matter of time.
- Paige can say "dada" and "mama" and babbles all the time.
- She can go from sitting to crawling position and vice versa with no problem.
- She can sit up for long periods of time without falling backwards.
- She took her first sink bath and loved it. She also took her first bath in the bathtub with Ella and fussed when I took her out. I think they both enjoyed it.
- She loves baby food and will eat pretty much anything that is put infront of her.
Likes and dislikes...
LOVES bathtime and splashing in the water
LOVES pear + oatmeal + cinnamon baby food. She gobbles it down
LOVES watching Ella do anything and screams with glee while watching her
LOVES playing with toys and books (probably because she likes to try to chew on them)
LOVES sleeping on her stomach and her zippadeezip
LOVES life in general. There isn't much she doesn't love
DISLIKES the sounds of aluminum foil and trash bags
DISLIKES strangers
Sleep: She is still going to bed at 6:00pm and sleeps until around 6:15/6:30. She will sleep all night for a couple of nights, and then start waking up again. I have thought about trying to let her cry it out during the night until I hear "mama", and that is all it takes. She still seems hungry during the night so I will continue to feed her. My body is so programmed to get up during the night that most of the time it doesn't bother me.
Paige's Schedule:
6:15/6:30- wake up
8:00- breakfast (baby food)
9:00-11 bottle and nap
12:00 lunch (baby food)
2:00-4 bottle and nap
5:00- dinner (baby food)
6:00- bottle and bedtime
Eating: Paige only takes bottles at nap and bedtime now. She loves baby food, and eats it three times a day. Her favorites are bananas, pears, and pears with cinnamon and oats. I have introduced a sippy cup, but she has no idea of what to do with it. She has also tried puffs, but that still scares me because she doesn't have any teeth yet.
Now you see why there was no nine month sticker this month. These pictures are getting much harder by the month. She ripped that sticker off as soon as I put it on and started putting it in her mouth.
Thinking back over the last nine months I can not believe how much our life has changed since we added Paige to the mix. Things are always busy around here with two kids. They both keep life fun, exciting, and exhausting! The past nine months have been nothing like I thought they would be. While I was pregnant I pictured myself being exhausted all the time with little energy. I had no clue how I was going to take care of Ella as well as a baby. Thinking about that now is so funny. It's been nothing like I expected. I wouldn't say it's been easy, but it definitely has not been as difficult as I thought it would be. Isn't that typically how these things go!?








No comments:
Post a Comment