Tuesday, February 9, 2016

10 years

Adam and I celebrated our ten year anniversary on 2.4.16. The past ten years have been some of the best years of my life yet some of the hardest years as well.  

It's so funny to think back ten years ago. We were 23 and 26 when we got married. That just seems so young. We lived in a two bedroom apartment on the west side. Adam worked a job in IT, and I had a job as a caseworker. Besides our jobs, we didn't have a care in the world. I honestly don't even remember what we did back then with all of our free time. 

Over the past ten years we have bought 2 houses, got two dogs, and had two kids. We have survived a serious illness, a small business that took A TON of Adam's time, the house selling/buying process, and a surprise pregnancy. It has not been easy, but the hardships only made us stronger. Adam and I are not the same people we were when we got married. We have both changed so much in the past ten years, but we continue to change together. Neither one of us could do what we do without the other, and we both acknowledge that. He is supportive of what I do, and I am supportive of him. 

I feel so fortunate to have Adam in my life. He is a wonderful husband and father. When we got married I had no idea what kind of daddy Adam would be, but he has turned out to be a great one. He has a ton of patience (which I lack sometimes). He is also a great teacher and loves to play. I appreciate the fact that he is trustworthy, respectful, giving, and works harder then anyone I know. Neither one of us are perfect (and our life definitely isn't either), but we are perfect for each other.  

I can only hope the next ten years will be just as wonderful as the first! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...