I can't believe that summer break is almost over. Only one more week, and it's time to head back to school. I am not sure who is dreading it more, me or Ella. I do not look forward to the homework, making lunch in the morning, getting out the door on time, drop offs, pick ups, and anything else that goes along with school. The only thing I do enjoy is the routine and possibly getting some time to work out again. Although I do think it will be good for Ella to be back in school, I will definitely miss her!
I hope we can make the most out of this last week of summer break, but it's going to be a crazy one. We will be preparing to move and moving this coming Friday so it's definitely going to be a busy week.
Here is a recap of the second half of our summer!
We put our house up for sale the last week of June. I hadn't mentioned this yet (because I didn't want to jinx myself), but we sold it exactly one week from the day we put it up for sale. Thank goodness! The new owners must be excited, because we are already receiving some of their mail that Ella graciously opened. Oops! We close on our new house this coming Tuesday and on our old house this coming Friday.
Ella and I only made it to Holiday World one time this summer. Totally not like us! I remember summers when we would go all the time, but times have changed. We went on an extremely hot day. By the end of the day we were HOT and tired, but it was a good mommy and Ella day.
Ella loves playing games and is so good at them. I'm not sure if it's luck or skill, but she always seems to win. This was on an especially lucky day at Walthers.
We have also been to Chuck e Cheese quite a few times. Ella plays games while I chase Paige all around. It's exhausting, but Ella always has fun. Paige has become a big fan of the mouse there.
One Friday night we went to Hacienda. It was beach week so someone was dressed up as a parrot. Ella just had to get her picture taken with it. There were beach balls everywhere and Paige made sure everyone knew it. She was screaming "ball" from the time we got there until the time we left. It's always an adventure taking kids out to eat!
I have also done tons of purging and packing or in Paige's case..unpacking. It's crazy how much stuff we have gotten rid of. I still have quite a bit of packing to do so I need to get on the ball.
Ella met some friends at Elite Air which was a lot of fun. She especially loved the junior ninja warrior course!
We have also spent lots of time outside. Ella has had her waterslide out quite a few times. We have also discovered that Paige loves being sprayed with those hose. The cold water doesn't bother her at all.
It's been a good summer with these two. I haven't had a moment to myself, but we have had lots of good quality time together. This summer has also been stressful. There has been a lot of uncertainty with selling our house and buying our new house. The end is in sight though, and I can't wait to be settled.





No comments:
Post a Comment