Thursday, December 29, 2016

November | December catch up

Here it is almost January, and I haven't even blogged about Thanksgiving or any December activities (or lack there of). December was a rough month for us. We had over two straight weeks of illness. It was awful considering I got hit twice. We barely got through Christmas, but we have finally made it. I don't want to jinx myself by saying this, but we are all finally well. Hopefully I can play catch up now.

We spent Thanksgiving with Adam's family this year. We didn't eat until 4:00 so we had plenty of time to watch the Macy's Day parade. One of these years I would like to see it in person when Ella and Paige are a little older. 

I was only able to get a picture of Adam and I on Thanksgiving. Ella was a major grump (come to find out she didn't feel good), and Paige was running around like a nut. 


I went to the grocery store one day, and this was the grocery list Ella made for me. These are all necessities in her eyes. 

We put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving. Adam did most of the work himself since someone had to supervise Paige. Adam did such a good job fluffing our tree, and I got the easy part of putting on the ornaments and decorating. I ended up redoing our tree three times. I put red ribbon on, and then red ribbon and burlap, and ended up with just burlap. 

Ella is usually my tree decorator/helper. She decided this year she was too old to help me 
and had no interest in decorating. Rip my heart out! I didn't think I would see the day. 

And then there is this thing.... 
Ha! Such a cutie but so wild!

Paige loves to sit in her rocker and read books. She points to everything and says "that"? 

Ella's second grade class had a field trip to the museum and Lic's. My parents watched Paige so I could go. I love spending anytime with her by myself that I can. 


Paige's hair is out of control and getting so long. It's finally long enough to wear pigtails but she of course won't leave them in. She looks so cute with her hair up, but she can not leave rubber bands or bows in her hair. 

Anything she wants she will find a way to get it. She likes to stand on this trash can to get things of the bathroom sink.

Bottom drawers are also a good way to pull things off dressers. I can not take my eyes off of her. 

Paige did exceptionally well around our tree. I was planning on putting a big gate around it but never had to. She pretty much left it alone and only pulled a few ornaments off. I was so glad we didn't have to mess with a gate. 

We made salt dough handprint ornaments again this year. Ella's ornaments just keep getting bigger and bigger as her hand grows. We have been doing these since she was 2 or 3. It's crazy to think she is 8 now. 

Sister bear had to get in on the action as well. 

I wanted to get one picture of Paige in front of the tree. It only took me a hundred tries, and I had to end up bribing her with chocolate. 

Ella had a Christmas program the second week in December. I had to miss it, and it was the first thing I have ever missed of hers. I had the worst cold and felt awful. She had also been sick and barely had a voice. She didn't even make it to the night performance, because she was so tired from being sick. 'Tis the season!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...