Sunday, December 20, 2020

Fall Break

 We were supposed to go to Destin for spring break in March, but COVID hit and pretty much everything closed down. We changed our reservation and ended up going for fall break. Although the weather was perfect, the crowds were not. I have never seen the beach as crowded as it was that week. We try to avoid people at all cost (pandemic or not..lol) so this was not ideal for us. Most people were not wearing masks or social distancing. It's a sad world we live in having to worry about that stuff, but we do! 

We arrived at the beach just as the sun was setting. It's a tradition to order pizza,  drop our things and go out on the beach. 


There is nothing like the beach at sunset. It's so pretty, and sunset pictures are my favorite. 


I have a picture of Ella like this since she was around 3 years old. She has grown so much and is almost as tall as me. 


The next morning we took the golf cart to the grocery store to load up on groceries for the week. Only Ella would get a carton of chicken wings for breakfast. 

Then we were off to the beach. Look at the enthusiasm! 

We (as in Paige and I) had some great beach days. She is my beach buddy. Adam and Ella don't like the sun and sand as much as Paige and I do. I rent us two chairs and an umbrella for the week, and we are set. 

All week we went from the beach to the pool. That's about all we could do this trip since we were vacationing during a pandemic. We choose to live life still but try our best to do it as safe as we can. 

I enjoyed my $14.00 margarita at the pool. That was my one and only drink as I was not about to keep spending that kind of money on a drink. 

That night we drove the golf cart over to Baytown Wharf. We ate dinner (our only dinner out), and Paige rode the carousel. 



We were at the beach everyday by 8am. It was nice to be out there before the crowds. I love the picture of Paige. She has always enjoyed the beach. 



That afternoon we had tickets to the gulfarium, and Paige and I were scheduled to do the dolphin encounter. Ella didn't want to since she had already done this when she was five. Paige ended up crying most of the time, and Ella took over her spot. Ugh!! Ella and I enjoyed it though. 


We did not spend much time at the aquarium since there were way too many people. 



Adam and Ella joined us at the beach for awhile that afternoon. The water was really shallow and warm which was great for playing and searching for shells. 





We were at the pool some nights until it was almost dark. 

I don't think I have been to Florida and spent as much time on the beach as we did this trip. Although we are not the type that can camp out at the beach all day, we spent a good amount of time out there looking for shells and playing in the water. 



Paige also enjoyed being buried in the sand. 

Paige loves looking for shells. I think it's just the thrill of the hunt. You never know what you will find, but we never found anything but tiny shells. 

Our beach trip wouldn't be complete without a picture at sunset. I have had my dress for at least a year waiting for the perfect time to wear it. There was not much dressing up in 2020 considering there were not many places to go. 


We never venture outside of Destin and had no clue the small towns of 30A were so close. We will probably never stay in Destin again now that we have found Rosemary Beach. It's so quaint and almost like another world compared to Destin. 



We explored the town, shopped, bought some 30A souvenirs, grabbed some coffee, and headed back. 



We hit up the pool one last time since it was our last day and prepared to head home. Thankful for another trip in the books with the family and also thankful we didn't get COVID while we were there. :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...